• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My Bimmerfest Experience......

jrhone

Thx...actually cloudy days are BETTER for photographs....the clouds act as a natural diffusor to the sun making the light much softer. It also eliminates the harsh shadows you get with direct sunlight, people look better and you can make the colors brighter. Just a tip...when you see its cloudy grab the camera! I even like to keep the clouds in the sky as a nice texture...sometimes beats a plain sky.

1976 BMW 2002 Fjord Blue Ireland Stage II • Bilstein Sports • Ireland Headers • Weber 38 • 292 Cam • 9.5:1 Pistons • 123Tune Bluetooth 15" BBS

2018 BMW M550i X-Drive

1964 Volvo Amazon Wagon
http://www.project2002.com

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yup...I actually saw them run, or should I say DOMINATE in the 70s! They were sooooo fast....Beat the Porches and Vettes BAD. That is the same car driven by David Hobbs in IMSA GT.

1976 BMW 2002 Fjord Blue Ireland Stage II • Bilstein Sports • Ireland Headers • Weber 38 • 292 Cam • 9.5:1 Pistons • 123Tune Bluetooth 15" BBS

2018 BMW M550i X-Drive

1964 Volvo Amazon Wagon

Good to see you again Josj! It was alot of fun, there were an estimated 3,500 bimmers in attendance (not sure on how to double check that figure, but I'd say it was close!

It was good to see alot of you, really, I got some good input on a couple of things. I'll post my humble pictures below (hope you don't mind Josh, not really in the same league as your 'super photos').

Ireland Eng. had Matt's (of Ronin Autoworks) gulf schemed 2002 VARA race car in their booth. I really liked the racket balls.

IMG_0541.jpg

Groma brought out their freshly finished M20 Turbo powered '02

IMG_0569.jpg

IMG_0571.jpg

IMG_0574.jpg

IMG_0576.jpg

Trying to corral ourselves a stray Camaro!

IMG_0577.jpg

IMG_0652.jpg

These are Jrhone's super photos! not mine!

it was fun to see you guys. I'm definitely looking forward to the So-Cal Vintage and sharing more car tips and stories!

(hope you don't mind Josh, not really in the same league as your 'super photos').

1972 Malaga (according to DMV) 2002. (Manufactured in '71)

http://www.beemersandbits.com

'77 BMW R100S '73 BMW Cafe bike  1966 Triumph T100C  1966 R90/2 BMW Sidecar Rig  1956 MV Agusta Turismo Rapido

These are Jrhone's super photos! not mine!

it was fun to see you guys. I'm definitely looking forward to the So-Cal Vintage and sharing more car tips and stories!

(hope you don't mind Josh, not really in the same league as your 'super photos').

whoop, guess that's pretty obvious now. Yes, So-cal vintage should be great!

Great to see some of you guys today! Had a blast....LOTS of amazing cars! I have some work to do.....it was VERY inspiring! Here are some pics....

picture-9.jpg

Unfortunately I missed the show as my baby is undergoing some interior work but great pics. The above vehicle is my all time favorite color scheme and wheels. Who owns that?

These are great pics.

I wish I could have made it this year, but my 02 is in the shop getting an MSD ignition system, headliner, AC from ICE auto, and some under hood and trunk insulation.

I thought about driving my Z3 roadster, but where is the challenge in that. The 02 was a challenge last year, and it passed with flying colors. Now it's time to reward it.

Thanks again for the pics. Feel like I was there.

1976 2002 (Grey Ghost)

2002 X5 3.0i Newly Added

2001 Z3 Roadster 2.5i

1976 Malaga 2002 (totaled by city bus)

1985 535i (totaled. Hit from behind)

1981 320i (trade-in. AC issues)

LIFE IS SHORT, TIME TO DRIVE.

These are great pics.

I wish I could have made it this year, but my 02 is in the shop getting an MSD ignition system, headliner, AC from ICE auto, and some under hood and trunk insulation.

I thought about driving my Z3 roadster, but where is the challenge in that. The 02 was a challenge last year, and it passed with flying colors. Now it's time to reward it.

Thanks again for the pics. Feel like I was there.

E you were missed this year for sure! I was expecting to see you there in the 02 corral. There is always next year! Sounds like the car is coming along very nicely! Give us updates in the MSD ignition....I am about to go Crane.

2018 BMW M550i X-Drive

1964 Volvo Amazon Wagon

I was shooting in Aperture Priority...Aperture set to f/2.8. The camera is a Nikon D700. The lens is an old Tokina Pro 28-70/2.6-2.8 II. Its probably the best lens you can buy for a FULL FRAME camera. I used it on my D2x and HATED it. Loved it on my film F100. I was JUST about to ditch it and I bought the D700 full frame. Threw it on and WOW...just like on my film camera amazingly sharp, excellent color, excellent contrast. If you have a cropped sensor, then get anything fairly new that is a constant f/2.8. Cant go wrong with that. If its a Canon, get 'L' lenses...Nikon, then you have more options, the f/2.8's are all amazing or try and get the old 18-70/3.5-5.6 DX...VERY good lens for not alot of money...They are hard to get now though. Stay away from Tamron and Sigma. Not horrible lenses, just not as durable.

It's not the gear... it is the EYE! haha. At least that's what i tell my photo students... J - i was there too but sorry i didn't get to cross paths with you. I could have shown you Raj's paint work. Hopefully i'll get to connect with you at the so-cal vintage!

-Josh

Jrhone - Thanks for the info. I saw your car out there, but didn't see anyone around...I was gonna introduce myself. I dig your website.

Josh - I didn't know you were a photography teacher also! Nice! I saw your car out there but didn't see you around. Looks great!

Anybody snap any pictures of my car? I was Captain Ass Gas, parked with an E28 and a Bavaria

1971 BMW 2002

38/38 DGAS

292 cam

TEP 4-1 header

Ansa Sport muffler

Bilstein Sports

H/R Sports

Full Urethane

Bavaria Control Arms/02 Tension Rods

IE adjustable sways

15x7 König Rewind