• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dash Clock vs. Tach

My 1970 2002 has a tach to the right of the speedometer on the dash.

The owners manual shows a clock on the photo, but on that photo the speedometer is in kilometers.

Does any one know which models (2002,ti,tii) in which markets(european/american) with what transmissions (automatic/manual), and which years had a clock or a tach?

Just curious and obviously with too much time on my hands.

Jack

'70 2002 Sahara

My 1970 2002 has a tach to the right of the speedometer on the dash.

The owners manual shows a clock on the photo, but on that photo the speedometer is in kilometers.

Does any one know which models (2002,ti,tii) in which markets(european/american) with what transmissions (automatic/manual), and which years had a clock or a tach?

Just curious and obviously with too much time on my hands.

Jack

I believe the tach was an option on European cars regardless of model (aside from the performance-oriented tis, tiis, etc). On the U.S. cars, the tach was a mandatory Hoffman option in 2002 manuals. 2002 automatics and 1600s (through 3/71) came with the clock. But dealers often swapped out for the tach when the cars were new - let alone what has happened over the last 40+ years.

Someone correct me if I'm off, but I think that's pretty accurate?

1973 BMW 2002 Sahara