• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 North of Seattle

Guilty: I don't know enough to get my two projects road-worthy, so I'm putting them up for sale. Selling them will help me get what I really want -- one that's ready to be a weekender/daily driver.

I've got a '69 Automatic 2002 and a '68 1600. I don't have any recent photos of the '68 and it's under a tarp in the drive, so I'll focus on the '69 for now.

First off, I'm hoping to get what I paid ($950). If this is unrealistic (too high), I'd be willing to negotiate a little.

1969-bmw-2002-1.jpg

1969-bmw-2002-2.jpg

This car drove from a trailer into my driveway, so it ran and drove before it hit the garage. I haven't started it in 3 months. It needs brake work and a tune up before it can really drive. The car was garaged in 2007 by a previous owner after the heater stopped working.

DSC_0295.JPG

DSC_0313.JPG

There are two primary issue areas: the rear and the floorboards. Looks like there was a leak somewhere around the heater that rusted a hole through the passenger footwell.

DSC_0277.JPG

DSC_0278.JPG

Everything on the body seems to line up nicely with exception to dents in the rear. As you can see, there are a few dents on the side part of the trunk, but they do not affect the opening/closing of the trunk. It's all pretty solid there.

There is some rust on the back panel. I sanded down and applied rust-stopping primer in a few areas about a month ago but other projects pulled me away from going any further.

DSC_0274.JPG

DSC_0276.JPG

DSC_0284.JPG

The nose is pretty solid outside of a few dents on the kidney and one just below it.

DSC_0279.JPG

Other than the rust in the driver/passenger footwells, no apparent rust in the usual spots - strut towers and rockers, fenders. There is a little rust under the doors and the trunk lid.

DSC_0285.JPG

DSC_0286.JPG

DSC_0287.JPG

DSC_0297.JPG

DSC_0298.JPG

DSC_0299.JPG

The back seat could use replacing. Those side windows back there are from my 1600 and will be going with that car, not this one. The driver seat is also from the 1600; I put it in as it still had padding left.

DSC_0281.JPG

DSC_0302.JPG

The dash is surprisingly nice with only one or two small cracks, and the headliner is all there.

DSC_0289.JPG

DSC_0290.JPG

DSC_0306.JPG

DSC_0307.JPG

DSC_0308.JPG

The car is slightly musty due to sitting in a previous owner's garage/barn since 2007, but it's better than it was when I got it. Could probably use some new rubber seals around the windows.

The rear view mirror, all the badges, and the roundie taillights are all in the trunk, as is a spare tire and a replacement heater.

I also have the title in hand. Here's the VIN:

DSC_0311.JPG

Feel free to private message me or hit me up at my fensepost-at-gmail address.

Let me know if you have any additional questions. Thanks!

-Andy

Andy F.

'74 2002 Automatic

'79 El Camino

'07 Nissan Versa

Mount Vernon, WA

The 1600 is a true project. I've stripped out the interior with exception of the dash, which is in fairly good condition with only a few cracks.

There's rust in the floorboards, a little in one of the fenders, and some on the roof. It ran and drove last fall before I started tearing it apart.

I'll try to take some photos and put them up, but it probably won't be until this weekend.

Andy F.

'74 2002 Automatic

'79 El Camino

'07 Nissan Versa

Mount Vernon, WA

Given available time, I'll try to take photos of the 1600 tomorrow and post them here. I have plenty of parts for the 1600 as well, including badges and trim, and it has the cool silver dollar instrument gauge. It would be a good parts car for someone working on a complete resto for a 1600 or early 2002. I'm not going to part it out but sell it as a batch.

I would be up for trading one or both for an automatic (early or late) that's in driver condition along with cash, as that's my ultimate goal. Otherwise, I may look at bringing someone out locally from a shop to give me an estimate on repairing the floorboard rust and fixing the back end.

Andy F.

'74 2002 Automatic

'79 El Camino

'07 Nissan Versa

Mount Vernon, WA

Here are a few shots of the 1600. They're not the best, but they're what I've got. Haven't had a chance to pull off the tarp and take some new ones.

These first few show the car before I started stripping off parts.

1600-68-1.jpg

1600-68-2.jpg

IMG_0432.jpg

And here is, more or less, how the car looks today.

IMG_0819.jpg

IMG_0821.jpg

IMG_0825.jpg

IMG_0839.jpg

IMG_0852.jpg

IMG_0853.jpg

The dash is in nice condition and it has the silver dollar gauges. The engine is all there and started, ran, drove, and stopped before I parked it last fall. And there's a lot of trim.

I'm planning on sending along just about all of the parts, and prefer it to go as a package. I'll be keeping the hubs and possibly one or two other things, but that's it.

Andy F.

'74 2002 Automatic

'79 El Camino

'07 Nissan Versa

Mount Vernon, WA