• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Seriously considering an E23... Somebody talk me out of it!`

logume1881

Which car?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Which car?

• Keep the 02
    • E23 735i
    • E28 528E
    • E34 525i

See title. I have been irrationally searching for E23's lately, for a number of reasons. The main one is that I feel bad driving my 02 everywhere. It isn't low mileage, but it was always garaged its whole life and it is in really great shape (orig paint, uncracked dash, etc.) I can't keep it indoors, and I am unable to give it the regular wash wax & detail it deserves. It gets driven and parked wherever I need to go. For a while now I have been thinking of switching to something bigger, something more practical for daily use (A/C, fuel injection, etc.) and namely something that is more replaceable but still has some unique style. Something in me just loves the first 7 for some reason. My main problem is I get bored with cars, I have never owned one longer than 6 months with 1 exception. This is the off topic board, right? :P

Keep the 02, it's fine to drive em a lot. I have a 70k original car that I've put sways on, race springs, 15's and it sits in front of my house... I live in WA where rust isn't a big problem as well which helps but dont worry about it. Chances are someone else will do what you're doing with it. Drive it, it's ok.

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2