• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this Seller for real?

02Les

Yeah - sometimes Roger prices stuff a bit high.....but some of his stuff isn't bad.

That's why it pays to shop around....

Ken

A bit high! (hehe)

I agree, you have to shop around to avoid being screwed

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

When I was a noob - and didn't know where to shop, I bought a lot of parts on e-bay. And then I would find the part cheaper somewhere else and say "doh".

It's a hard lesson.

That said - when I had my first porsche, I got the part number off of the Mobil1 sticker on the blower duct on a 993. Went to Pelican parts and ordered one. They were $1.75/per.

Searched on e-bay, and people were selling them for 4-5/per. Crap!

So - I ordered 20 and listed them on e-bay, one at a time. I sold one once for $20! No kidding. And I second chanced the guy that was 2nd highest bidder and sold him one for $19.

I ended up selling them all (well, and sending 2 to one guy who said he never got one), usually for $4 or $5 per. I finally stopped just because I was tired of doing it, and I wasn't making bag fulls of money.

That said - I've bought stuff from Roger that I can't find anywhere else. Every so often, he has something that you just can't find from Blunt, Bav Auto, Pelican, etc... Well - and that sweet front strut mount that wasn't too much more that it would have been from W&N.

caveat emptor!

Ken

FAQ Member # 2616

"What do you mean NEXT project?"

-- My wife.

I too have purchased quite a few smaller items from Roger this last year. Quality is always high, and the availability and quick shipping are A+++.

Granted... I probably could have done some searching here and other spots, and sometimes come away cheaper, but not always. It's a balance. If I'm in no hurry, or I'm not fixated on original style parts, then other options make some sense.

I'm more than satisfied with my dealings with him. I would recommend him for at least a "look see" when in need.

BMWCCA #545

1972 BMW 2002 Colorado "Traumcycle"

2000 BMW 323Ci