• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Handbrake upgrade kits $25 shipped

williamggruff

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

electrical tape slipped off as I was working, causing metric truckload of expletives to spill from the backseat as I sweated like the proverbial "whore in church" (it's hot in SC these days) - and I even got up early before the kids to complete the process. 2nd try did the trick, and now my handbrake feels much more sturdy. Thanks! nice modification!

** tape that button down tight - maybe duct tape if necessary. Make sure teeth are in correct position before reassembly!

1970 Agave work in progress

Born on May 14 1970 and delivered May 19th 1970 to NYC to Hoffman Motor Corp. Agave code 071

new guy

help appreciated!

other cars: 1991 318is / 1999 540iT

electrical tape slipped off as I was working, causing metric truckload of expletives to spill from the backseat as I sweated like the proverbial "whore in church" (it's hot in SC these days) - and I even got up early before the kids to complete the process. 2nd try did the trick, and now my handbrake feels much more sturdy. Thanks! nice modification!

** tape that button down tight - maybe duct tape if necessary. Make sure teeth are in correct position before reassembly!

My trusty colleague in crime, Jay tells me that he used "the good electrical tape". I wasn't aware there was room in the market for electrical tape snobbery. I stand corrected.

I, too, have experienced the proverbial whore in church backseat sweatathon while upgrading a handbrake assembly. Like you, I apparently used an inferior quality of electrical tape and, like you, suffered most ingloriously and cursed every inanimate object within earshot. I will update the installation instructions accordingly.

Grice

williamggruff

'76 2002 "Verona" / '12 Fiat 500 Sport "Latte" / '21 Toyota 4Runner TRD Off Road Prem “The Truck”

My trusty colleague in crime, Jay tells me that he used "the good electrical tape". I wasn't aware there was room in the market for electrical tape snobbery. I stand corrected.

I, too, have experienced the proverbial whore in church backseat sweatathon while upgrading a handbrake assembly. Like you, I apparently used an inferior quality of electrical tape and, like you, suffered most ingloriously and cursed every inanimate object within earshot. I will update the installation instructions accordingly.

Grice

I used good tape, and alot of it because I didn't want to sweat and swear, but it didn't work out. 2nd time was the trick. And step 12 was an important one. Make sure you have the teeth in the correct position, or else you'll be starting over. Very happy with the solid feel now. 6 clicks, and my car aint't moving!

1970 Agave work in progress

Born on May 14 1970 and delivered May 19th 1970 to NYC to Hoffman Motor Corp. Agave code 071

new guy

help appreciated!

other cars: 1991 318is / 1999 540iT

• 2 weeks later...
dineros sent.

This is better than QVC!

As of Saturday morning at 09:00 I haven't received a PayPal email from you. Are you sure you sent the payment to the correct email address?

Grice

williamggruff

'76 2002 "Verona" / '12 Fiat 500 Sport "Latte" / '21 Toyota 4Runner TRD Off Road Prem “The Truck”

Grice -

Please put me down for (2). Paypal will be forthcoming.

edit: Paypal complete - "David"??

Jim

Payment received. I'll put them in the mail this morning.

David is my first name. Grice is my middle name. Jackass is my nickname.

williamggruff

dineros sent.

This is better than QVC!

As of Saturday morning at 09:00 I haven't received a PayPal email from you. Are you sure you sent the payment to the correct email address?

Grice

Operator error. Should be good now

"When the government fears the People, that is Liberty. When the People fear the Government, that is tyranny."

- Thomas Jefferson