• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Value of a 2002

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Looking at buying my first BMW 2002 and not quite sure how to value the vehicle. Vehicle runs reasonably well. Stock engine with unknown mileage. Body in good shape, few cosmetic flaws, minor rust in non structural areas. Seats are in rough shape, so they have covers on them. Couple minor issues with wiper blades not working. Car seems to shift well. Car is priced at $5k. Any room for negotiation on this. It is a small speciality car dealer selling the car. Thanks. New to this market, but hoping to someday be an owner (and contributor) for others with questions.

First off you should ask about the dealer. This will tell you about the car. If they sell 2002s regularly then someone here knows about them. Second the car is WAY overpriced. I bought a pretty clean car for $3K. That car sounds like a $1500 car to me. Seriously. There are PLENTY of 2002s out there. Also do you want to work on it or buy it and drive it? If you plan on doing work and upgrading it in ways then spend less, like $2K and get one that needs some minor work. If not spend $7-9K and get one that needs just a driver. $5K is no mans land...It will get you one that still needs work (maybe as much as a lower priced car) and one that is not just jump in and drive ready....just my opinion. Good luck on our search.

1976 BMW 2002 Fjord Blue Ireland Stage II • Bilstein Sports • Ireland Headers • Weber 38 • 292 Cam • 9.5:1 Pistons • 123Tune Bluetooth 15" BBS

2018 BMW M550i X-Drive

1964 Volvo Amazon Wagon
http://www.project2002.com

Need more information: is it a 67 or a 76? Is it a tii or carb'd? Does it have a sunroof? Is it an east coast car or a west coast car? Does it have original paint? What kinda wheels are on it? Records of service performed? How does it drive? How's the clutch/brakes/exhaust? Any smoke/knocking? Let's see some pics. Without these and other critical details, most input is gonna be minimally useful.

"Why would I pay that much money for a 1981 BMW that looks...like a 1981 BMW?" -Charles William Jones, Jr.

1975 Polaris, Sunroof

1976 Malaga

1993 E36 Sedan

1992 Mazda Miata

1998 Volvo V70