• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dayton OHIO

Hi; I am in Kettering, a suburb of Dayton. Roundel columnist Mike Self lives in Beavercreek -- another Dayton burb. There are quite a few '02 owners in this area. What brings you to Dayton? Is it the air base? We'd be happy to welcome you. We also get together with owners from Columbus, Indianapolis, Cincinnati, and N. Kentucky. EDIT: I read that you sell wine for a living. Anyhow -- tell us more, please.

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

SW OH...

If you don't mind winters and grey skies, Dayton has a lot to recommend--large enough to have lots of amenities--and the ones we don't have are an hour away in Cincinnati or Columbus.

Someone already mentioned Mike McCarthy's "Foreign Auto Service" as a great BMW repair shop. Mike has a couple of 02s--and is the one who works on my Bimmers when I don't have the time or inclination.

If you'd like to know more about the area, contact me off-line. I've lived here since 1969 and know the area pretty well re housing, schools, job opportunities etc.

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite