• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

74 2002a in Manhattan Beach

HBChris

I recently met a woman who would like to sell her father’s 1974 2002 automatic as he is now in a rest home and can no longer drive. Her dad bought the car in 1976 and is the second owner. Car originally sold at 4J Motors in Huntington Park in August of 1974, it has the owner’s manual and U.S. supplement and all service records since 1976. Color is Sahara, has A/C (may not work), no sunroof, period radio, Autoflug seat belts, motor was replaced with a BMW long block maybe 20 years ago (111K?), odometer reads 19K (probably 219K?). Cars runs and drives well, has passenger side door dings, ripped driver seat that needs to be restuffed and a dent above the kindey grill from 20 years ago. I think paint would buff out nicely, engine bay needs a thorough cleaning(!), all decals still there including decal on windshield, headliner great, seats and carpets very good condition, NO dash cracks, trim very nice, glass very nice, no rust anywhere that I could find, trunk very clean, has jack and lug wrench but I couldn’t find the tool roll. Tires look fine but I don’t know their age.

Still has blue plates in trunk, car got handicapped plates in 2009 but since still in DMV system they could be reregistered to this 2002. This car was always garaged in Manhattan Beach since 1976 and I consider it a barn find. I did not drive it but she makes a trip to Huntington Beach in it each week and wants a newer car for the commute.

I have no financial interest in this 2002 but want to help her find a good home for it. I think it is worth around $5K in present condition. If you are serious, and I mean serious and what more info, send an e-mail to me using the button above.

https://picasaweb.google.com/HBChrisBMW/742002a?feat=directlink

HBChris

`73 3.0CS Chamonix, `69 2000 NK Atlantik

`70 2800 Polaris, `79 528i Chamonix