• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SOT: 1989 BMW 325is on fleabay I am interested in

teatoe993

I'm looking to get out of my 73 2002 and move up (or down depending on your opinion) to the cleanest 89-91 325is I can find.

1989 BMW 3-Series 325is

This car looks to be exactly what I am looking for. Does anyone know anything about this it? It's in Texas but looks to have been titled in Colorado all it's life. It says one owner, but there are hints in the vehicle's description that make me think it's a dealer that is selling. And there is only one photo. I've sent a message to the seller and hope he will contact me. I'm always nervous of ebay cars and would like others' opinions on the car. I thought I'd ask for advice here because I trust you guys more than anyone on bimmerforums. Is there anyone near Denton, TX that would be willing to check this car out for me? I'm figuring I'll be spending around 6-7K for a perfect 325is. Am I in the ballpark? Thanks.

If I were in your position I wouldn't even consider that car until you have way more photos.

My pick would be this S52 swap 325i:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1989-BMW-325i-convertible-S52-5lug-swap-E30-/270751950449?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item3f0a12e671#ht_14310wt_1026

Or if it's low miles you want here's one with 28.5k

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-E30-325-325i-325iC-/140553487873?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item20b9a40601#ht_1138wt_1111

This 325ix looks very nice too

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-325ix-Great-condition-Rust-free-5-speed-Nice-e30-/220788500815?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item336805294f#ht_500wt_1126

What I'm trying to get at is that this specific e30 just doesn't do it for me. With the bid that high, and one picture it leads me to believe that seller is bidding it up. Don't sell the 2002, but if you have to get a really clean E30.

post-2503-13667643153143_thumb.jpg

post-2503-1366764315488_thumb.jpg

1966 2000ti Chamonix - old racer, new project

1967 1600 Bristol - stock as a rock

1976 2002 Pastellblau - Alpina tribute

Parts For Sale - The Paddock

Guest Anonymous

I'm near Denton and can get out of work to run and see the car this week if you want. Just get the sellers phone number and email to me. Looks like a very nice car. Why does it matter how many owners and such? To me it is more important how well it drives and what current condition is it in? If all the panels are original etc. Clean e30s are getting harder and harder to find and this one seems to have all the right stuff.

All the best.

btownelectronics@gmail.com

Those cars you listed all look really nice but I definitely do not want a convertible. I already have a Bugeye Sprite for top-down weather. I'm not sold on ix's either. What I am looking for is a pristine original small bumper 325is in alpine white or silver. That or a tastefully modified E30 325. Hell I'd even consider a really nice 318is. I don't have the time, energy or dollars for project cars anymore. I'm tempted to just sell off the fleet and order a new Miata and be done with it.

I'm not in a hurry to swap cars either. Just keeping my eyes peeled now. I just want a fun daily driver that I can still use for a handful of track days and DE's and my wife not be afraid to drive it.

The white one on ebay looks to be a scam. Haven't heard a peep from the seller. The car also has 10 more bids compared to last night, yet the price of the car went down $4,000. Something is definitely fishy.