• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got in a "accident" tonight

Frenchee

I never though this would happen to me.

Well I was on my way back home from work tonight when a red golf gti rolled back and hit the front of my car. We were waiting at a red light and we were at an incline. Well my horn doesn't work so I just helplessy sat there flashing my brights not having enough time to put it in reverse. Bam I get hit once. She pulls up, rolls back AGAIN and hits me twice.

So I get out of the car and she tries to tell me that I hit her. So I tell her she must be joking and that she simply must have been in neutral and rolled down the small incline and hit my car. She keeps saying that I hit her and she couldn't believe it. So I was getting frustrated and told her "look I'm 19 and you are how old?(30's) Own up to your mistakes". This isn't my fault so quit trying to make it seem like it is. Then she goes off telling me that she had the Ebrake on so she couldn't roll back. Then she says she was IN GEAR and there was no way she could roll back. Which makes no sense because she would have stalled.

Anyways, I call the police because I'm not sure what to do and she keeps tryna put the blame on me. They say they can't come out cus no ones injured and shes being compliant with the insurance papers.

The whole time she had slurred speech and was being reallly really slow when talking. I thought she was tired or just "bummed" and didn't know what to say but I later realized she was drunk. BUT that was when I left and had time to clear my head.

So 20 minutes later I get a voicemail from her, still drunk, saying how shes so sorry she acted that way with me.

She wants me to call her tomorrow and meet her at her cousins body shop.

Im not sure what to do.

Pictures soon

post-17271-13667643582651_thumb.jpg

post-17271-13667643583493_thumb.jpg

M20 Turbo 2002- Sold

1970 2002- Sold

1972 2002 Tii. - Sold

S50 e30- DD

Man that sucks. How much damage? If and when you go to the 'cousins' body shop take a friend with you.

In 1992, I was at light in my '73 Harry Smith, and a landscaping dump truck drifted back into me at a light, puncturing the nose yet missing the center grill and trim. The guy owned it, I got a professional estimate, sent it to him, he sent me a check.

Good luck.

Andrew Wilson
Vern- 1973 2002tii, https://www.bmw2002faq.com/blogs/blog/304-andrew-wilsons-vern-restoration/ 
Veronika- 1968 1600 Cabriolet, Athena- 1973 3.0 CSi,  Rodney- 1988 M5, The M3- 1997 M3,

The Unicorn- 2007 X3, Julia- 2007 Z4 Coupe, Ophelia- 2014 X3, Herman- 1914 KisselKar 4-40

No Police - then yer outa luck

keep your distance from the car in front of you next time

and tell the police you think the other driver is drunk

'86 R65 650cc #6128390 22,000m
'64 R27 250cc #383851 18,000m
'11 FORD Transit #T058971 28,000m "Truckette"
'13 500 ABARTH #DT600282 6,666m "TAZIO"

oh man..sorry frenchee. wish you knew she was on something because the cops would have gone out there regardless. Do you have comprehensive coverage? Report the accident to your insurance company and explain that it's not your fault and let them subrogate with her insurance. I would stay away from the "cousins" body shop and refrain from talking to her directly. Good luck man and glad you're ok

73 Tii A4 BOD Oct. 13,1972

74 Tii BOD Nov. 16,1973

FAQ Member 1683

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

Mario Andretti

Hi Freenchee

If you have serious reasons to think she is drunk, you must tell it to the police right away. They will come even if there's nobody wounded. Driving under influence is criminal. Period. And because she's drunk, the fault is on her. No question asked. File a claim with a report and don't even think going to her "cousin's" bodyshop.

But I guess it is now too late... ;-(

Massivescript_specs.jpg

Brake harder. Go faster.

Report the accident to your insurance company and explain that it's not your fault and let them subjugate with her insurance.

Armond, +1 on your overall advice. I would let me insurance company do the talking. But I have to snicker at subjugate. Only because I do it for a living, it's subrogate. If successful your deductible would be refunded all or in part.

-David

1972 2002 - 2577652 Follow the fun

Report the accident to your insurance company and explain that it's not your fault and let them subjugate with her insurance.

Armond, +1 on your overall advice. I would let me insurance company do the talking. But I have to snicker at subjugate. Only because I do it for a living, it's subrogate. If successful your deductible would be refunded all or in part.

ah. yes. you are 101% correct. the correct word, insurance lingo is subrogate.

73 Tii A4 BOD Oct. 13,1972

74 Tii BOD Nov. 16,1973

FAQ Member 1683

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

Mario Andretti

Hi Freenchee

If you have serious reasons to think she is drunk, you must tell it to the police right away. They will come even if there's nobody wounded. Driving under influence is criminal. Period. And because she's drunk, the fault is on her. No question asked. File a claim with a report and don't even think going to her "cousin's" bodyshop.

But I guess it is now too late... ;-(

Yeah I just didn't think of it . I was very frustrated. If only I had then I would have easily not been at fault. And the police would have come out.

Too bad

M20 Turbo 2002- Sold

1970 2002- Sold

1972 2002 Tii. - Sold

S50 e30- DD

Really dude? Some lady rolls backwards INTO him and that's the ONLY advice you have to say? I cant stand when people try and tell others what they should have done or done differently when they have absolutely no idea of the circumstances.

Anway, sorry to hear Frenchee. How much damage was done to the car? How's the m20 car coming?

Really dude? Some lady rolls backwards INTO him and that's the ONLY advice you have to say? I cant stand when people try and tell others what they should have done or done differently when they have absolutely no idea of the circumstances.

Anway, sorry to hear Frenchee. How much damage was done to the car? How's the m20 car coming?

Yeah she rolled back a good 5 feet. I wasn't on her ass but I couldn't do anything about it. It happened quickly. And then she pulled up and fricking rolled back AGAIN.

The nose is kind of smashed. Ill go take a picture soon.

My dads kicking me out of the garage so Im sending it off to Ryan Motorworks. He should be able to finish it. It will cost me more money but I think it will be worth it!

M20 Turbo 2002- Sold

1970 2002- Sold

1972 2002 Tii. - Sold

S50 e30- DD

Frenchee

You need to file a police

Report RIGHT NOW!!!

Do not wait......

Or it will be your fault

Because you know her

30 something year old buddies

Are telling her the same

Thing.

'69 2002 (M2 for 2012) daily driver

'71 911 T (2.4s) powered Weekend joyride

'67 VW Crew Cab Turbo truck parts hauler

--------------------------------------------------

www.eurovintageparts.com

I'd save that voicemail. We are pretty much a no fault state, they let the insurance companies duke it out. Most City police department wont even declare someone at fault, unless there are serious injuries.

Bill

1973 2002 Chamonix sunroof (soon to be M42 swap)
2015 Ford Explorer-Wife
1999 Jeep Cherokee

1991 318i convertible (donor)

I met up with her. She took me to some crappy mechanic shop. Her cousins like wtf I cant fix this. So she wants to take me to a an actual body shop down the street.

It sucks cus her car has like no damage. Its ridiculous.

But she was telling me that she was doing me a favor fixing my car and that I was young and had no money. She doesn't want my insurance rates to go up.

Seems kind of fishy. Im gonna file an insurance claim.

M20 Turbo 2002- Sold

1970 2002- Sold

1972 2002 Tii. - Sold

S50 e30- DD