• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2011 Vintage

For those of you who left downtown early..

Zac (aka Speedwell). This one is for you Harry.

DSC_0601.jpg

Yes, the ladies did partake in the Spaten. They also do both set-up and tear-down at each event! They are a hard working group. Next up for them... Aspen, Colorado.

DSC_0598.jpg

DSC_0607.jpg

DSC_0603.jpg

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This was a great event. I met so many old friends and new old ones whom I knew from FAQ but never met in person (kept missing in previous Vintage). My body Mike (Bethel) had a guibo problem 20 miles to Durham, so we had to call AAA to tow his car, but other than that and some misfiring of my tii, we made home OK. Thanks Bill and everybody else for great pictures and Scott for once again organizing a great event, he has become a true master of it.

"Al The Seat Belt Man"

that just awesome. too bad there isnt anything equivalent closer to me...i could bring up 4 cars...well, not realy...lol...

very nice cars, and nice happy peoples too...gotta love the bavarian girls ;)

2006 530xi, 1974 2002 Automatic summer DD
1985 XR4TI, 22psi ±300hp
1986 yota pick-up, 2006 Smart FT diesel

Here are my pics from both the show and the rally.

Pics of the Rally (and the REAL, yes REAL 2002ti I navigated in)

IMG_1454.jpg

IMG_1455.jpgIMG_1456.jpgIMG_1457.jpgIMG_1458.jpgIMG_1459.jpgIMG_1460.jpgIMG_1462.jpgIMG_1464.jpg

The friday night shenanigans

Jasons idea to stop his beer from being stolen while at dinner...

IMG_1465.jpg

At Club "mod"

Kari and babs dancing it up

IMG_1466.jpg

and the spectators

IMG_1467.jpg

Pics from the actual show

IMG_1468.jpgIMG_1469.jpgIMG_1470.jpgIMG_1471.jpgIMG_1474.jpgIMG_1477.jpgIMG_1480.jpgIMG_1490.jpgIMG_1495.jpgIMG_1503.jpg

Me with the spaten girls after finishing off their keg

IMG_1513.jpg

FREE SchtUFF!! (not shown are 5 more spaten glasses and another hat!)

IMG_1512.jpg

More coming soon! (work calls)

Also, as soon as it finishes uploading, A video I took of all the cars at vintage ( expect the sharks).

Zac Cardinal

1972 2002tii's Blog

1976 2002 "Margie"s blog

IMG_2146copy.jpg

Hey Bill and everyone!

Great pictures to help me remember who's who, this being my first Vintage and recent to the '02 fray.

It was great meeting so many great people. I thought the venue was great and something the rest of the family would enjoy after doing the car show thing for an hour or two.

Martin, Steve (Blunt) and I caravaned all day yesterday up to Chicago when we split 3 ways. Chris (from Ontario, Schwarz '02), and someone in a white E39 M5 (sorry forgot your name) joined us part of the way. My 1800 ran well except I discovered it doesn't like to stay cool in 90 degree weather and my new water pump sprang a weep hole leak that self-corrected later in the day. Once we got north of Indy, the cooler weather helped and normal speeds (75) were resumed.

It's clear that *nobody* carries the flame of the true essence of BMW's brand like the '02/vintage fraternity. What a cool experience to be part of.

Hope to see everyone again next year!

Luis (better than Louis or Louise) :-)

Luis

John, I liked it to. The cars really looked good in that setting. We just need some coffee there in the morning.

Maybe Blunt can diversify and sell coffee too.

"90% of your carb problems are in the ignition, Mike."

1972 2000tii Touring #3422489

1972 2002tii with A4 system #2761680

FAQ member #5

Matt Haynes - can you e-mail me a copy of your balcony shot?

I love that

You can hit my e-mail button up above

Thank you

A must-have picture. My room didn't have balcony access :-(.

IMG_5743.jpg

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

John, I liked it to. The cars really looked good in that setting. We just need some coffee there in the morning.

bingo...REALLY needed an expresso bar in the old salem venue.

2xM3

Bill,

Your pictures are fanatastic! You told the story perfectly and I see lots of Tom Madine's "Rule of 3s." Thanks again for everything this weekend.

Great people, cars, venue, etc.

-Marc

'73 2002 (Agave) - Horst

bingo...REALLY needed an expresso bar in the old salem venue.

a small bit of history here. Salem was founded by Moravians. They celebrate something called a Love Feast. The first one was commemorated with bier and buns, however the modern day affair is commemorated with coffee and buns.