• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

found this 2002 in the UK

andrey

We parked next to this 2002 at a grocery store near Hastings. It's pretty neat to see a RHD 2002 in person, and this one is in nice shape. I would have probably skipped the red interior and nasty four-light grille though. The black car is our little 120d rental.

I didn't understand the roundel on the trunk (he must have used a 74+ trunk lid?) and there were some other weird details.

post-2319-13667643683246_thumb.jpg

post-2319-13667643684137_thumb.jpg

nice..

Vin # 1567904. 69 Golf 1600-2

Vin # 1689995. 70 Golf 2002 ti

Vin # 3751763. 75 Golf 2002

Others.

1990 Ferrari 512m

1985 Lamborghini Countach Lp 500

1997.5 Hummer H1.

Dreaming about Audi R8 biturbo

Carlos.

Punta Cana. Dominican Republic.

Nah they were an aftermarket grille set that used to be sold in the 80's or something, I've seen them before. They only seemed to have "taken off" in the UK though so I wasn't surprised to see them.

Nah they were an aftermarket grille set that used to be sold in the 80's or something, I've seen them before. They only seemed to have "taken off" in the UK though so I wasn't surprised to see them.

Don't know what those grills were made for, but the shape where they meet the wing (fender) it not correct for an '02, more like a 3.0S/CS.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

I got my quad grills from Canada , via ebay. my 71 has a late nose so they fit right up. I dig 'em as I remember quad light 02's when I was growing up in England.

1970 4 speed 2002 (Daily driver/track car ) 
1974  Hybrid powered twin cam engine, Pig Cheeks , ( now a round tail.) Getting ready to Sell 

Well maybe he hacked in larger low-beams like on the E28/E23 but the E3/E9/E12 didn't have those and the grilles are so different that they'd never fit on an 02 properly no matter what you did. It does almost look like a cut-up E28 grille, but not quite.

I know that if I bought this guy's car I'd put the original grilles back on, lose the flashy wheels, etc. and it would look like a 2002 again... the 4-light thing makes me think Nissan or Fiat or something. Then again square-light 02's look OK in Europe so maybe that's what he was going for with the plastic grille and trunk lid and all that.