• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

picture of what i consider to be the essence of buying an 02

jerry

it was bittersweet when i sold off my only currently running 02 on saturday. i am delighted that it was acquired by J.R, whom i'm confident will take care of her and enjoy her. i wasn't going to post anything about it, but when i reviewed this photo for the 1st time this morning i couldn't help but share it as i think the excitement of the moment is evident.

the problem i have is that it appears that it's only when a sale is pending that i actually buckle down and install all (or most) of the lagging bits 'n pieces that make the car whole. i drove this car for the past 6 months without a passenger seat or DS door panel and no console. i took last friday off to install all that stuff and when i was done, driving it was a whole new experience. swapping out the questionable 38/38 for a well-mannered 32/36 really helped too.

i'm slowly trying to thin the herd.

now, i'm back to being 02-less, AGAIN... at least, roadworthy ones!!!

post-260-13667643689803_thumb.jpg

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

Jerry,

the roads need more guys like you keeping these old cars alive.

truly.

I hope you can see what's become of Betty one of these days. You'd hardly recognize her... but i can assure you, she is in good hands... and i get a compliment every other time she leaves my garage. When my wife drives it, she gets bombarded! Nothing like a cute chick in a cool vintage ride.

-josh

1972 Malaga (according to DMV) 2002. (Manufactured in '71)

http://www.beemersandbits.com

'77 BMW R100S '73 BMW Cafe bike  1966 Triumph T100C  1966 R90/2 BMW Sidecar Rig  1956 MV Agusta Turismo Rapido

Jerry,

That picture looks real familiar. :0 I really appreciate meeting you and the car is awesome. I have quite a few coworkers who are in love with her as well. Like I said in my email, She ran like a champ all the way home and is an absolute joy to own. I appreciate all you did to get things in great order.

Thanks again, J.R.

1975 BMW 2002 Fjord

josh, J.R., you guys owe me a visit to Brisbane so i can get teary-eyed over my former charges....

thanks for the complements. hopefully, i'll be able to keep one of these someday. i'm busy working on 2760440 and 2570440. i'm gonna keep one of these for sure.

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa