• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Has anyone driven to Cabo San Lucas?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Just wondering if a drive from San Diego to Cabo San Lucas is reasonable, or would it be too risky in a '72 2002? Does anyone have an idea of the road condition and driving time? Eric in Alaska

Guest Anonymous

well, Seattle to Anchorage two years ago in a '73tii was a good drive in 68 hours, twice as far, but good roads.

Thanks for the reality check, ckeefer! I'll try to find reasonable airline tickets, and save the '72 I have stored at China Lake for this summer's drive home to Anchorage. Anyone want to make a caravan?

Guest Anonymous

I live in San Diego, it's over 1000 miles to Cabo, not to mention that there aren't many bmw parts dealers along the way. Roads are crappy too, but awesome views and coastline.

Guest Anonymous

Take the ferry across to mainland Mex for the drive back to the states...also the east coast of Baja is wonderful. You can do it if you have planty of time and dont have a set schedule. If your car is top shape than go for it. Once you get south of Ensenada things become alot more interesting. I know a guy with a old VW that did it so a with a 02 should be just as fun. When are you cruising back to Alaska I may take a trip sometime this summer to Oregon and could caravan with you this far.