• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Video from Brisbane show

RayC911

May need to schedule a west coast visit with friends to coincide with this next year. You'll recognize Vern, he'll be the only one with Maine plates...yes, I'm serious.

Andrew Wilson
Vern- 1973 2002tii, https://www.bmw2002faq.com/blogs/blog/304-andrew-wilsons-vern-restoration/ 
Veronika- 1968 1600 Cabriolet, Athena- 1973 3.0 CSi,  Rodney- 1988 M5, The M3- 1997 M3,

The Unicorn- 2007 X3, Julia- 2007 Z4 Coupe, Ophelia- 2014 X3, Herman- 1914 KisselKar 4-40

May need to schedule a west coast visit with friends to coincide with this next year. You'll recognize Vern, he'll be the only one with Maine plates...yes, I'm serious.

A gang of us are already planning to drive to the Vintage next year from CA. You can caravan back with us, we're serious too : )

Ray

73 Chamonix-S14 powered

Elefant Supply Apparel & more O=00=O

faq sig

Great video and show. That looked like a great day!

Thx for sharing.

Does anyone know what type of the wheels these are on the grabs from the video. They look like the same style on both cars.

Brand:

Style:

Size: 15"?

Offset:

Price:

Supplier(s):

Ray, they look similar but seem to have a deeper inset then those on your profile photo. What wheels do you have on your white car.

post-215-13667643857769_thumb.png

post-215-13667643861809_thumb.png

post-215-13667643866225_thumb.png

Thanks for sharing Ray. Hope to make it to that gathering one day. I think I spied Brother Joseph (jmon0261) in there a time or two.

UUhh were you going 95mph? :) Freude am fahren

Sam Adams
1972 Inka 2000tii Touring, 1968 Manila 1600-2, 2001 325iT

Does anyone know what type of the wheels these are on the grabs from the video. They look like the same style on both cars.

Brand:

Style:

Offset:

Price:

Supplier(s):

Ray, they look similar but seem to have a deeper inset then those on your profile photo. What wheels do you have on your white car.

Mine are Panasports 14x6. Those look like Rota RB 15x7. You can get those from Mark at 9grenzen.com

UUhh were you going 95mph? :) Freude am fahren

If I was, that Honda Odyssey that passed me up must have been doing 120mph+, ha. Speedo is off by 20-25+/-

Ray

73 Chamonix-S14 powered

Elefant Supply Apparel & more O=00=O

faq sig

Ray-

I was checking out your web site. You need to take that picture of the 02 on the skateboards and print it on on a shirt. That would be cool.

"Technology has ruined the driving experience"

Great video and show. That looked like a great day!

Thx for sharing.

Brand:

Style:

Offset:

Price:

Supplier(s):

The Nevada and Malaga 1600 is mine. Wheels are Rota RB 15x7 +25 offset. I bought them from a link that was posted on this form. I made a thread with all the info when I first got them.

bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,50/page,viewtopic/t,351664/highlight,/

post-6684-13667643956991_thumb.jpg

post-6684-13667643958005_thumb.jpg

70 BMW 1600 Malaga & Nevada

And a bunch of other old junk

Great looking street-rod! Well done!

Also, thanks for the link for the Rota distributor

One more question:

Are your side mirrors Talbot (Jr -3/5 or Sr 4 in diameter)?

I have Juniors but haven't installed yet. Am wondering if I should have gotten the Seniors.

How do find the view through them as both the JR or Sr are smaller than the stock Trapezoid.

Thanks again for your feedback

Great looking street-rod! Well done!

Also, thanks for the link for the Rota distributor

One more question:

Are your side mirrors Talbot (Jr -3/5 or Sr 4 in diameter)?

I have Juniors but haven't installed yet. Am wondering if I should have gotten the Seniors.

How do find the view through them as both the JR or Sr are smaller than the stock Trapezoid.

Thanks again for your feedback

Honestly the small ones are worthless. I'm going to swap them out for my stock mirrors soon.

70 BMW 1600 Malaga & Nevada

And a bunch of other old junk

Hi Meth09--

When I bought my '73 one of my first additions was Talbot Jr. flat-glass mirrors; their field of view is pretty small. Then I replaced them with Talboval mirrors (Sr. housing with even wider head). The larger head helped the view but frankly the Jr. mirrors are a more aesthetic size. See the photo for how Talbovals (Sr. size) look on the car; I have a few more photos if you want to see additional views. But the key was convex glass.

While I still have a usable Talboval (after my accident), I bought new Junior mirrors with convex tinted glass. I expect that when I install them (after solving the hood paint bubble problem) I will be most pleased.

Larry

post-16944-1366764399043_thumb.jpg

Larry Ayers

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

’73 Malaga— first car, now gone

'74tii Malaga

Hi Ray et al--

Thanks for posting your video. I enjoyed seeing the many cars and people again, and it sounds like other people share my thoughts. From what I've heard everyone had a good time.

We definitely plan to have a Swap & Show next May, although it's too early to confirm a date. Using our usual formula (Saturday following Mother's Day), May 19 2012 could be it.

Thanks to all of you for participating (or considering it), and for your encouragement. And look for more drives this coming year before the next Swap & Show (including the 12 June Berlina register drive we're joining; see Tom Jones' post).

Larry

Larry Ayers

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

’73 Malaga— first car, now gone

'74tii Malaga