• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heat Shield for passenger footwell

Beck180

Replacing the exhaust on my 74 tii and the heat shield that protects the passenger foot well (not the manifold heat shield) has deteriorated quite a bit. Should probably replace it while I'm under there.

Is it NLA? I'm trying to stay very stock. If so, what have you guys used instead?

Thanks

Thanks! Yup I mean the heat shield reflector.

Met with my mechanic today and he said it's a b*tch is replace. Considering just adding a small heat shield pad to replace the chunks that are missing from the larger piece.

I got rid of mine completely. I put FatMat down under the carpet. It's great. I never liked that insulation. It deteriorates and promotes rust by trapping moisture against the metal wall.

Best of luck to you.

Mike

73 tii #2764014

He's right, it's not easy.

You could get equal or better results by insulating the outside in something

reflective, then adding insulation on the inside (if the original's not in good shape)

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

I got rid of mine completely. I put FatMat down under the carpet. It's great. I never liked that insulation. It deteriorates and promotes rust by trapping moisture against the metal wall.

Best of luck to you.

i've been debating whether to do this as well. my only reservation was whether omitting it would increase the noise level in the cabin. i think it is yet another rust enabler when installed.

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa