• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

75, Flared, sunroof, rust free, lower price $4000

DMcGinn

I simply don't have time to work on this car and the rally car, so it has to go. This car requires time more than money but with a baby on the way (due Aug. 5th) and a rally car to get ready. I just don't have time for it all. As the saying goes, you couldn’t build it for the price I’m selling it for. I'll get some more pics up tonight or request any particular pic and I'll send it to you.

Asking $4500, but open to offers

General: Weight is ~2300lbs, with ~125hp, quick and handles great.

This would be great for a club racer or vintage rally car.

Shell: Rust free (from Nevada) shell, shipped to CT in 2006 and stored inside since. No bull, this is a completely solid body. Shell was properly prepared and epoxy primed, then sprayed Mint Grun, an original factory color. Uppers and hood and trunk are hot-rod black. This is the same color scheme as the Alpina cars. Paint is as-sprayed, has not been wet sanded or buffed yet. I still have ~1/3gallon of the paint which will go with the car.

Flares are NOS Zender flares from the 70's. These are very similar to the 2002 turbo flares and allow much wider tires/track. The rear flares were done similarly to the factory turbo cars with the wheel arches being trimmed and solidly welded to the inner quarters. Matching, NOS Zender front air dam, painted body color, with rock guard coating on bottom lip.

Exterior: gas tank filler hole butt-welded shut. Factory tank with modified filler neck to accommodate filing fuel directly in the trunk. Front turn signal holes were seam-welded shut for a cleaner look, I was going to run round 1" LED turn signals near the head lights in the grill. Rear windshield is the esirable one with no defroster (clean look) Quarter Glass seating area modified with butt-welded pieces to provide a flat surface to accommodate Lexan. Modified 2002 bumper shock with e30 tow hook,bolts into stock bumper hole for strong towing point without need to worry about low air dam. DOT impact bars removed from doors, resulting in ~8lbs less weight per door. E30 door seals.

Engine: M10, 2.0 liter, ~35k miles, brand new alternator from an e30 (internal voltage regulator and higher amp rating), brand new Weber 38/38 carb, runs great, only 3 hours on the new carb and alternator.

Gearbox: 5spd from an e21,

Engine bay: All extraneous screw holes welded shut, cabriolet-style gussets from frame rails to fire wall, heater core hole butt-welded shut with custom panel that looks factory. Factory fuse box moved to passenger compartment, all wiring re-wrapped in new loom with wiring for fog lights included. Engine bay fully seam welded prior to paint. Stainless hood pins. Under side of hood is original ‘sahara’ color.

Suspension: Tarmac Bilstein setup, stiff! Spare Tii front struts with vented rotor setup.

Interior: custom dash with 3 gauge pods, extra Tii dash with only 1 crack. Buyers choice of two older well worn Corbeau race seats, or 2 tan FloFit, period correct seats from the 70s. Floor pan modified to accept batter mounted behind passenger seat, a custom fabricated steel box is inserted through the floor pan to accommodate this. Battery disconnect.

Wheels: (5) e30325is 14" BBS basket weave wheels with center caps, straight but need paint and tires.

Trim: All the beltline trim is brand new, never installed, still in the box with clips and bolts, this alone is well over $1200.00 now.

The engine and gearbox are not installed, engine is on an engine stand (included).

As I said above, the car needs more time than money. Wear items, such as clutch, brake pads and etc. will need to be purchased, along with other items, but as it sits, this car rolls around. Car can be seen in Northeast CT, I can help arrange transportation anywhere in the US.

Please ask questions, this is not a running/driving car, it needs reassembly, but reassembly is pretty simple in these cars for anyone who is mechanically competent.

Pic is a little dusty

0810091622.jpg

$4500.00022.jpg

P6070368.JPG

P6070369.JPG

P6070378.JPG

P6070379.JPG

THis is a very rust free car:

P6070381.JPG