• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

car shipping ? help

york

The best? Any Airlines, and your ass in the drivers seat for a week. Which, pans out to be about the same $, and you get vacation $ for it!

-Or shell out the big bucks for a covered solo hauler..

Otherwise, be prepared for the strong possibility of contending with the following list of stress producing emotions:

Anxiety, angst, frustration and strong scrutiny. Only somewhat pacified with the possibility of a small on-the-spot cash settlement for damages.

Photo document the shizz out of the car. The body, the suspension, etc. Date coded or with the driver there and in the pictures. Then insist upon EACH hauler using wheel straps ONLY. These guys, primarily eastern european, no english speaking gents, like to chain a chassis down HARD and GTF on the road. Our cars don't have a frame, so they use what ever they can get the hooks into. control arms, trailing arms, sway bars, etc.

This from experience, having paid to have 2 cars hauled from the west coast to Ohio.

2002 newbie, and dead serious about it.
(O=o00o=O)
Smart Audio Products for your 2002

The best? Any Airlines, and your ass in the drivers seat for a week. Which, pans out to be about the same $, and you get vacation $ for it!

Have a qualified mechanic go through the car, http://www.bimrs.org/, replace what's necessary for safety.

Fly out, drive back on secondary roads and drive the snot out of it. Did it last year with Vern, it is now the stuff of legend.

If you decide to transport FedEx is all you need to know. They bought Passport who moved seriously serious cars.

Andrew Wilson
Vern- 1973 2002tii, https://www.bmw2002faq.com/blogs/blog/304-andrew-wilsons-vern-restoration/ 
Veronika- 1968 1600 Cabriolet, Athena- 1973 3.0 CSi,  Rodney- 1988 M5, The M3- 1997 M3,

The Unicorn- 2007 X3, Julia- 2007 Z4 Coupe, Ophelia- 2014 X3, Herman- 1914 KisselKar 4-40

fed ex or horseless carriage

Intercity is really good from what i've heard, but last time i checked, they were pretty expensive.

Intercity delivered my KisselKar and Packard from CT to Maine, 273 miles enclosed, $1,600 in 2006. Great service.

Andrew Wilson
Vern- 1973 2002tii, https://www.bmw2002faq.com/blogs/blog/304-andrew-wilsons-vern-restoration/ 
Veronika- 1968 1600 Cabriolet, Athena- 1973 3.0 CSi,  Rodney- 1988 M5, The M3- 1997 M3,

The Unicorn- 2007 X3, Julia- 2007 Z4 Coupe, Ophelia- 2014 X3, Herman- 1914 KisselKar 4-40

I have done this many times. The best choice for the SoCal to Fl. lane is Newman Transport out of Tampa. They specialize in that lane, are HQ'ed in Fl., have great technology and service. They are about 1800-2000 covered, with no cars loaded over yours. I have used Passport and they are good as well, but I would go with a comapany HQ'ed in your state (makes any claims a lot easier). I have used Newman 4 times and they are top notch (also the choice of the Ferrari club).

More former BMW's than it is possible to list.

Guest Anonymous

Intercity delivered my ..from CT to Maine, 273 miles enclosed, $1,600 in 2006. Great service.

That seems v expensive for intercity. I paid half 2/3rds of that to move a car 1200 miles last year. & I've never seen them use anything but tire straps. Passport is more expensive in my experience.

Depending on the value of the car & its condition, you might not want to "drive the snot" out of it...