• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

02 Again Manifold Install - Gaskets?

May I inquire if this is similar to the manifold from a 1984 318i? If not, what's it from?

I am looking at changing out an exhaust manifold from a de-smogged 1976 and would welcome options and opinions.

Ahlem

'76 2002

'90 M3

'90 535i 5 speed

'89 325is '91 318is

'87 325is

May I inquire if this is similar to the manifold from a 1984 318i? If not, what's it from?

I am looking at changing out an exhaust manifold from a de-smogged 1976 and would welcome options and opinions.

The tii exhaust manifold is supposedly the best performing (stock BMW) unit.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

The 02again.com manifold looks the part and is very light compared to a stock manifold. If you are going 100% desmog on your 76, and you don't live in CA or another state that will make you keep original smog gear in place, the 72-73 tii manifold is the way to go. I may have one for sale soon, I'm having a flange mount repaired on it as I type this.

The E30 gasket kit shown above with integrated heat shield will replace the factory gaskets and external aluminum shield on a stock 02.

Ben

--> 1968 2002 <--

I'm in MI. I do get through Indianapolis about every two months. Is the O2Again manifold something unique? I'm looking for aesthetics mostly. I read a thread recently where an enterprising '02 owner made his own flow bench and tested manifolds and came up with some interesting results. My son has a really good looking manifold on his M42 but I don't think the spacing would work on the M10. I don't like all the goofy pipe fittings hanging off the front plugging off my stock 1976 manifold.

Ahlem

'76 2002

'90 M3

'90 535i 5 speed

'89 325is '91 318is

'87 325is

That scores pretty high on the scale. Did you already get one? $300 would put it on the bucket list after a zillion other projects at my house unfortunately.

Ahlem

'76 2002

'90 M3

'90 535i 5 speed

'89 325is '91 318is

'87 325is