• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does anyone know this car? 73 2002 in Long Island

Psymon

Anyone know this car. It has been for sale for some time. I saw it on craigslist last year too. same pics.

http://longisland.craigslist.org/cto/2420162694.html

My 2002 was manufactured on September 15th, 1971 and delivered on October 22nd, 1971 to the BMW importer Hoffman Motors Corp. in New York City. The original colour was Granada, paint code 023. It was sold on New Years Eve December 31st 1971.

Call up the owner and you will know why this car is still for sale!

..a real TOOL!

I did not see the car in person. But I think it is in a garage/shop in LIC

-mpkwy

CARS:Past

1966 VW Bug

1971 2002 (BOUGHT IN 1972) (totaled, back in my sordid youth)

1975 2002 (mntgrun (sold)

1973 2002 (Sahara, unmolested, Sold, sniff-sniff)

asst Honda accords and Outbacks

Current:

06 Outback

04 Camry

Call up the owner and you will know why this car is still for sale!

..a real TOOL!

I did not see the car in person. But I think it is in a garage/shop in LIC

-mpkwy

Now that I think of it, I think I did call last year when I started looking again. I fully admit, I am a noob and trying to learn as much as possible about these cars before I take the plunge. When I called the owner, he did not know much about the car to tell me. He seemed not to know much about it other than its in great shape etc...typical used car salesman deal...

Anyway I am still surprised no one has actually seen the car in person.

My 2002 was manufactured on September 15th, 1971 and delivered on October 22nd, 1971 to the BMW importer Hoffman Motors Corp. in New York City. The original colour was Granada, paint code 023. It was sold on New Years Eve December 31st 1971.

I feel like a NOOB compared to the others on this site!

I lurk here everyday and learn something new from reading the posts.

A good group of guys who share what they know to help others........most at least help. ;-)

I am looking as well for about a year now. Problem with our searches is that we are EAST COAST! We have to get out to sunny California.

As the Beach Boys once said " I wish they all could be California 2002's" Or sonething like that!

-mpkwy

CARS:Past

1966 VW Bug

1971 2002 (BOUGHT IN 1972) (totaled, back in my sordid youth)

1975 2002 (mntgrun (sold)

1973 2002 (Sahara, unmolested, Sold, sniff-sniff)

asst Honda accords and Outbacks

Current:

06 Outback

04 Camry

At least you only feel like a noob. You have had some of these beauties in the past. I truly am a noob having never had one. But this is a great community of folks here with a lot of knowledge.

My only memory of these cars is when my father had a 1973 inka 2002 back in the early 80s when i was a little kid and so I have a nostalgic attachment to them.

I remember this car was listed for around $12k a while back (maybe a year ago). It has late grills and the front seats have been recovered.

$12,800 in Nov '09

$11,800 in Oct '10

$9825 now. It's getting there slowly.

02Les, how do you get that info? You can email me if you want. Thanks