• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Behr AC Console Install....but do I like it????? Advice!!!!

jrhone

OK...so I have had this Behr AC console in my garage for probably 2 years...today I decide to install it. After working for 5 hours on it...I am about to get to installing the stereo and I look at it...and I am not sure I like it! Its bigger...wider...my leg would probably rest against it while driving...the glove box barely clears it on the passenger side, and again...do I like it??? Opinions? Here is a pic of it in its current state...It wouldnt be tooo hard to yank it and go back to the stock long console that was there...Also if you have a Behr installed post a few pics...that may help me make up my mind...thanks...maybe I am just not getting it in properly....

web.jpg

1976 BMW 2002 Fjord Blue Ireland Stage II • Bilstein Sports • Ireland Headers • Weber 38 • 292 Cam • 9.5:1 Pistons • 123Tune Bluetooth 15" BBS

2018 BMW M550i X-Drive

1964 Volvo Amazon Wagon
http://www.project2002.com

It looks good to me.

My console setup is just like it. I just got my AC from ICEAUTO.com last week. My car already has the setup and all of the non-working components installed. It should be simple for my shop to install.

We shall see what happens.

It's in the 100's already in San Antonio, TX.

Good work.

1976 2002 (Grey Ghost)

2002 X5 3.0i Newly Added

2001 Z3 Roadster 2.5i

1976 Malaga 2002 (totaled by city bus)

1985 535i (totaled. Hit from behind)

1981 320i (trade-in. AC issues)

LIFE IS SHORT, TIME TO DRIVE.

You have to let the image location end in ".jpg" so I took your link and just clipped off the extra crap. I have: web.jpg but of course no space in there.

I can't speak from personal experience but I think it looks good in there. Esty your interiors make me drool, I can only hope one day to have something even close to yours.

You have to let the image location end in ".jpg" so I took your link and just clipped off the extra crap. I have: web.jpg but of course no space in there.

ooops...fixed.

1976 BMW 2002 Fjord Blue Ireland Stage II • Bilstein Sports • Ireland Headers • Weber 38 • 292 Cam • 9.5:1 Pistons • 123Tune Bluetooth 15" BBS

2018 BMW M550i X-Drive

1964 Volvo Amazon Wagon
http://www.project2002.com

A while back I installed an old Blaupunkt mono radio in my '73 and to this day, I still miss that little cargo space in front of the shifter. The radio looks cool, sounds OK, but I still miss that space. Just another opinion and we know what those are worth :-)

'73tii Inka 🍊

'74tii Fjord 🏄‍♂️

It looks good, if you are not putting in an A/C system I would stay with the older one because it has a tray!

I'm no longer affiliated with Maximillian Importing Company in any way, please address any questions directly to them.  -Thanks.

2002 "tii" coupe 1970
E21 320/6 2.7 Stroker 1981
E23 730 1978

The Frigiking console is kind of ugly IMO (had one in my last car), but it is definitely the narrowest. My car has the third console - not sure what brand it is (see pic). It's a little tight around the gas pedal for my size 11.5s, but knee room isn't a problem. Never had a car with the Behr console, though.

Not a great photo... from the previous owner of my '73. I can take a better one if anyone is interested.

interiork.jpg

1973 BMW 2002 Sahara

Here is mine. I think the wide Behr console makes the interior look sportier. It blends in perfectly, just the way BMW should have built the center console anyway ....

Dieter

post-16195-13667644287173_thumb.jpg

Current:

- 1970 Colorado 2002, 1982 323i, 1972 Porsche 914, 1956 Porsche 356A Coupe replica, 2003 Mini Cooper S

Past:

- 1980 320is Turbo, 1972 Malaga 2002tii, 1973 Polaris 2002tii, 1973 Sahara 2002, 1981 Alpina C1 2.3, 1989 M3, 1984 Hardy & Beck 327S

You may not "love" the way it looks, but you will "love" the way it feels... especially if you have to drive several hundred miles on a steamy day with either your wife or girlfriend. I rarely use the A/C, but when my wife goes with me to the Vintage in NC, its a marriage saver. People often mock how little cold air it puts out... but on a 90 degree day you can roll the windows up and be totally comfortable. Keep it. :-)

'73 2002 (Agave) - Horst