• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone running an aluminum radiator?

I have the IE radiator and it works great. I also have an electric fan that is controlled by Megasquirt and I can't remember the last time it turned on, even in mild traffic. It dissipates heat quite well.

'69 2002

'59 MGA

'67 Chevy C20

“Suppose you were an idiot and suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.” - Mark Twain

just about any radiator you buy today is aluminum. stock or aftermarket. the cores are almost all aluminum. the tanks could be plastic or aluminum. some are painted black, but they are still aluminum.

so, there is no advatange to an aluminum radiator. if the rad you already have is not the original one, you probably already have an aluminum radiator.

the question you wanted to ask is if there is any advantage to getting a non-stock size radiator, whether it be a custom size or one from an e21, e30 or other car....the answer to that is there is an advantage only if the stock radiator you have is not cooling enough for the conditions you are driving in.

2xM3

If you want to install an M42 radiator, you will have to cut out the snorkel in order to make room... Check out Clay's Blog... the rad install may be a few pages back but he took photos...

TX02.blogspot.com

J Swift
Global Formula Racing (Oregon State University)

1972 Opel GT "Mae"