• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 1600 in DC metro area

mcope

nm/na. http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/cto/2430697797.html

Briefly talked to seller who said he bought the car on impulse from a guy in NC. Car originally from Colorado. Resprayed Chamonix shows some overspray, was involved in small accident in the front and shows some nose damage.

Any thoughts from anybody? Do 1600's command a premium over 2002s?

Interesting, I haven't seen this car at any club events, but there are many in the area I have never seen before. Most will tell you to go see the car and get the FAQ experts (I am not one) more info before they can render an opinion. A complete set of pictures with interior, underside, etc. would help. What maintenance has been done in the last year, two years, five years? Are there receipts? Read the FAQ buyer's guide, link: http://www.bmw2002faq.com/content/view/80/32/. Go see the car and look for rust in typical spots - hood, trunk lip, rockers, frame rails, battery tray, lower doors, innner fender, etc. Drive the car and assess front end damage, any other damage, suspension, brakes, steering, etc. We have several NOVA 2002 owners, so perhaps they know or have seen this car. Also, ClayW lives in DC and has an early 1600... and would be a great resource for you re: the 1600.

Good luck and report back with more information if you go see the car.

[edit - Also, if it gets serious, consider conditioning the sale on PPI (prepurchase inspection); FAQ members can recommend several local shops for a PPI, money well spent in my opinion; call Lothar's shop Excluservice in Rockville, I think it runs around $150 for a PPI]

'73 2002 (Agave) - Horst