• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does anyone know this car on ebay?

2002dean

The seller states that the car does not need to be smoged, and in the question section also states that the car does not need it since it was manufactured in 75 but is a 76 model year. That is news to me as I have a 76 that was also manufactured in 9/75 but it sure as hell still needs to be smoged. ???

Ryan

Ryan

76 jadegrun "Helle"

It definately has to be smogged if its a 76 model year (and in california). Interesting build date sticker, I dont remember ever seeing one of those before, maybe only on late cars?

Yeah, that was added around 72-73... I'm assuming it was to satisfy some sort of DOT requirement. My 2/73 car has one.

1973 BMW 2002 Sahara

It appears to have paint on the driver's side bumper accordion rubber. Why would you not remove that prior to painting?

That would indicate a quick, cheap paint job IMHO.

No mention of an accident, but I bet there was one.

Also the "turbo" label isn't "tongue in cheek", its there to fool people. It's not meant to be funny.

Considering all that I would be careful of the character of the seller, my spidey sense tells me to be very careful.

1970 Nevada 2002 Survivor

1975 Golf 2002 Project

1972 Atlantik 2002tii

This guys reason for the car not needing to be smog certified is very sketchy. If not blatantly a lie. The build date being September does not exempt it from being smogged. New model car years always started in September for all manufacturers back then. Besides that, if you've checked with BMW about your cars history, it was built and delivered to Hoffman here within a few days.

If it's classified and registered as a 1976, it needs to be smog certified in California.

Buyer beware.

Mike

73 tii #2764014