• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Triumph Spitfire Update

pkbinplano

Some of yall know I acquired a 75 Triumph Spitfire from my father in law. Documented 35k miles. Hadn't been started since 81 LOL . Replaced dead lucas dizzy with new points dizzy, new cap, rotor, wires, plugs, coil. Got her started and the water pump froze up. Replaced water pump, pump housing t-stat , flushed radiator and all hoses. Fired her up and the fuel pump took a dump. LOL Such fun !!

Not everything that Lucas makes sucks.... Their Vacuum cleaners for instance.

Be careful with a generic electric fuel pump as SU's and Strombergs don't like much more than 1.5 psi of fuel from what I remember.

John

Fresh squeezed horseshoes and hand grenades

Nice! I remember that post. Just remember - you'll have to buy replacement smoke if all of that fine Lucas electrical equipment decides to leak it's smoke out....

One thing - I was able to buy a dizzy with electronic ignition built in for my "A" series engine in my mini. Very nice to not have to run points.

Ken

FAQ Member # 2616

"What do you mean NEXT project?"

-- My wife.