• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Did a hillclimb today

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

hi all, whassup.

had an amusing day today. Ran in a hillclimb up part of the old pacific highway at bulahdelah, north of newcastle (austraya). The road is considered kinda treacherous so the powers that be put a bypass around it :) the track was 1030m long, and very fun. Lifted only once for one corner. Incredible fun. My webers sure do give the thing a kick in the pants that was really needed. At end of run was pulling just on 120kph=75mph. The quickest guys were pulling like close to 180kph though- this was a 5L rover v8 powered Fiat 124AC coupe. I was pretty much on par with an MGB with crossflow head and twin webers though. All i can say is that it was a hoot and if any australians in a club get a set of supp regs mailed out i suggest u enter cos it was a hoot. Didn't hear formula 1 though cos radio reception there real poor :( Good to see an Aussie back up there (if only in a minardi :P )

ok, have had my whine, later everybody

Michael S.

73 chamonix doin me proud

75 inka running like a dog (fouled plug???)

Guest Anonymous

2002sign.jpg

Hillclimbing is addictive. We have been running the same race for fifteen years and it is still a thrill.Not enough 2002s entered, though.