• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

anyone looking to give up 4 wheels for 2 pedals...

1971Ginger

That bike is worth ~1200 maybe 1500 if everything is good on it. It's not really that expensive and is a few years old. Minimal rust? Ha, he'd be lucky to find a 2002 that runs well enough to safely drive home for that price, let alone one with minimal rust.

My Specialized Tarmac with full Ultegras cost me twice as much as my 02, but they are totally different beasts. I ride with a guy that just got a Cervelo that cost him upwards of $10K. Crazy stuff this biking, I tell ya.

76 BMW 2002 Arktisblau M42 5 spd - Born 5.21.76 - daily money pit * 06 Aston Martin V8 Vantage 6 spd * 73 Mustang Convertible 351C * 11 Aston Martin Rapide V12 * 15 VW Touareg * 23 Audi e-tron SUV (wife's)

sig_banner.jpg.5aeae468aebf7c560d52fe62d249efbd.jpg

haha, that's what you get for spending 5 years of doing nothing but biking/working in bike shops.

Yeah, my bikes combined are still a bit more than my cars combined(3) and that's paying employee price for nearly all of it...if my DH bike were pieced together at an online retailer it would still be ~7500, even higher if it were a local shop.

Road bikes though...those people have the cash to drop. The shop I worked at had a few locations around town and our road shop had the most inconsistent revenue because some months you'd sell a few 5-7K road bikes and end up way ahead of the previous month's sales.

Both biking and '02s are awesome and always put a smile on my face whether it be a long road ride or some sloppy muddy DH.