• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nostalgic Air Parts---anyone install this system?

BDB

Gents,

I"m interested in installing a universal system from Nostalgic Air. I'm considering ordering the following:

Universal AC System:

http://www.nostalgicairparts.com/air-conditioning/universal-ac-system-select-an-evaporator-451.php

Evaportator (though this might be too wide)

http://www.nostalgicairparts.com/air-conditioning/ud-105-under-dash-air-only-evaporator-unit-312.php

Also one of Hobiedave's brackets if he still makes them.

I am not sure which Sanden compressor comes with the kit but I'll ask tomorrow.

Has anyone installed this company's AC system? If so, do you like the results? And was install a bear or doable? Any particular things you remember being a pain during the install?

Looks like I have their UD-120 Unit.

http://www.nostalgicairparts.com/air-conditioning/ud-120-under-dash-evaporator-unit-chrome-face-87.php

I inherited this with the car, but, as you can see, the width dictates you modify the glovebox which I also did not do, but it's quite a neat job; just needs straightening & the loose screws tightening.

It also worked pretty well until it ran out of freon. I'll re-charge it one day.

post-19655-13667644538535_thumb.jpg

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

Les

Wow, thats a wide load!

Is it the R-12 version you have (freon)? I am always suspect of how an aftermarket R-134 AC works as compared to a factory R-134 one does

Bob

To be honest, not real sure. I'm told it's the original/old type.

Even in high heat TX I never really bothered running it. My Wife said it worked real good (cool) though.

Les

FAQ Member #17

I've been following a discussion on the bf.c E24 board re A/C, freon and R134. From what I could glean the consensus there is that a parallel flow condenser will allow R134 to perform as well as R12.

Cheers,

Ray (the A/C on the E24 broke right after recharge, the Thursday before the Vintage)

Les

Wow, thats a wide load!

Is it the R-12 version you have (freon)? I am always suspect of how an aftermarket R-134 AC works as compared to a factory R-134 one does

Bob

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

Did you have to open the windows Ray?

It's June, are you still in China?

I just got an extension (order!) to stay in India until end of Sept. Home in July for 2 weeks though.

I've been following a discussion on the bf.c E24 board re A/C, freon and R134. From what I could glean the consensus there is that a parallel flow condenser will allow R134 to perform as well as R12.

Cheers,

Ray (the A/C on the E24 broke right after recharge, the Thursday before the Vintage)

Les

Wow, thats a wide load!

Bob

Les

FAQ Member #17

If you followed the other thread, we were blessed that the central locking unit gave up, however the power windows did still function.

I do have a habit of actuating the rear windows at the same time, which usually throws the breaker. :)

I am unshackled at the end of this month (but my U.S. contract says I begin there on May 1, 2011. No they are not paying me yet!)

Cheers,

Ray (yes I should be asleep!)

Did you have to open the windows Ray?

It's June, are you still in China?

I just got an extension (order!) to stay in India until end of Sept. Home in July for 2 weeks though.

Cheers,

Les

Wow, thats a wide load!

Bob

Ray

Ray,

Thanks for the info on the parallel condenser. I'll make sure that is the type I get if it really makes it as cold as an R12. I've sat in a R12 charged MBZ and man, you could freeze meat in there if left on high for 5 minutes.

Happy to contribute, Mr. Toast!

Talk to these guys, find the biggest parallel something that'll fit. They'll work with you.

http://www.supremecondensers.com/index.php

Cheers,

Ray

Ray,

Thanks for the info on the parallel condenser. I'll make sure that is the type I get if it really makes it as cold as an R12. I've sat in a R12 charged MBZ and man, you could freeze meat in there if left on high for 5 minutes.

Ray