• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

why are car sellers such LIARS?

UroTrash

Take this car for instance.

"Leather interior" stated 3 places in the ad. Actually vinyl.

Spotless= torn vinyl seats, faded crappy carpet.

"the glossy white finish shines bright with a healthy shine of the clear. " what the hell does that even mean? The guy seems to be foreign so maybe it is a litttle translation problem.

I e-mailed the guy a time or two. Very defensive and nasty when I pointed out his misrepresentation. ( I asked him for the "after" pictures of the spotless leather interior...surely what was pictured was "before" the spotless leather restoration!)

Why do people feel they can do this to their fellow man?

why is there no integrety?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-2002-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZalgoQ3dLVIQ26ituQ3dUCIQ26otnQ3d4Q26poQ3dLVIQ26psQ3d63Q26clkidQ3d666091649116990681QQ_trksidZp5197Q2em7QQitemZ300563773014

1970 Nevada 2002 Survivor

1975 Golf 2002 Project

1972 Atlantik 2002tii

Looks like it has a bit of a temperature problem too.

and, that's probably after the car had been shut off...the temp gauge was probably pinned before that.

Par for the course considering it's a dealer.

It seems to be on since the rpm is around 900. At least it seems to have a crack free dash!! ;-)

My 2002 was manufactured on September 15th, 1971 and delivered on October 22nd, 1971 to the BMW importer Hoffman Motors Corp. in New York City. The original colour was Granada, paint code 023. It was sold on New Years Eve December 31st 1971.

Sometimes people honestly don't know.

Sometimes people know at some level but fool themselves.

But dealers outright lie.

Called about a '95 Corolla 5-speed wagon as a gas-sipping beater. Was being sold by a guy with a dealer's licence who flipped cars from his house. I asked about rust. I couldn't have been more specific. "Describe any rust to me, wherever it is, no matter how minor." "A few bubbles" was what I was told. THE ENTIRE RIGHT ROCKER PANEL WAS MISSING. I told this to a friend, and he said "so... the guy wasn't lying... if the rocker was missing, it wasn't rusty!"

The new book The Best Of The Hack Mechanic available at https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0998950742, inscribed copies of all books available at www.robsiegel.com

1972 tii (Louie), 1973 2002 (Hampton), 1975 ti tribute (Bertha), 1972 Bavaria, 1973 3.0CSi, 1979 Euro 635CSi, 1988 FrankenThirty 325is, 1999 M Coupe, 1999 Z3, 2003 530i sport, 1974 Lotus Europa Twin Cam Special (I know, I know...)

Sometimes people honestly don't know.

Sometimes people know at some level but fool themselves.

But dealers outright lie.

Sad, but true. I have been screwed a few times over the years, but only once by an actual member of the BMW vintage community. It's a relatively small community. For me, it would be difficult to buy a car (of the vintage variety) from someone who is not known and trusted.

More former BMW's than it is possible to list.

The car looks clean enough, BUT not worth $10K.... the way it is maybe $6K to someone that wants a daily driver and not much work.

Another $500 spent on small details like a new carpet set, placing the spare in the right location, addressing the temperature issue, painting/removing the front plate holder, rear deck shelf recover, detailing the engine compartment (or at least cleaning the valve cover), aligning trunk gap would go a long way towards getting closer to an asking price.

It's the little details that sell a car like that. Plus, anyone with just a bit of common sense will know that a 35 year old car with a 5-digit odometer that shows 16,351 miles has 116,351 miles or 216,351 miles, not everybody out there is an idiot.....

76 BMW 2002 Arktisblau M42 5 spd - Born 5.21.76 - daily money pit * 06 Aston Martin V8 Vantage 6 spd * 73 Mustang Convertible 351C * 11 Aston Martin Rapide V12 * 15 VW Touareg * 23 Audi e-tron SUV (wife's)

sig_banner.jpg.5aeae468aebf7c560d52fe62d249efbd.jpg

Liars ? are you so right and , Icould write a Roundel Article on that subject alone

The La Jolla 02 ? advertised in L.A., SanDegio ect each ad Said" New Top

End engine, new radiator, all new front end, belts

NO RUST

I went out and saw that yes all that was true IN 1994 !!! and the rust was Only the two rockers, the hood, the trunk lid

Oil leaking from diff, oil leak Trans, and water pump seeping all old and dirty now comes the 2002faq'er who make fun of me for not paying $ 13,000 for it and then $ 35,000 to Korman or others

you , on the other hand seem to be more tuned to quality

thanks for your posts

Don't just drive around in a 02, drive a 02 around North America

Take this car for instance.

"Leather interior" stated 3 places in the ad. Actually vinyl.

Spotless= torn vinyl seats, faded crappy carpet.

"the glossy white finish shines bright with a healthy shine of the clear. " what the hell does that even mean? The guy seems to be foreign so maybe it is a litttle translation problem.

I e-mailed the guy a time or two. Very defensive and nasty when I pointed out his misrepresentation. ( I asked him for the "after" pictures of the spotless leather interior...surely what was pictured was "before" the spotless leather restoration!)

Why do people feel they can do this to their fellow man?

why is there no integrety?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-2002-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZalgoQ3dLVIQ26ituQ3dUCIQ26otnQ3d4Q26poQ3dLVIQ26psQ3d63Q26clkidQ3d666091649116990681QQ_trksidZp5197Q2em7QQitemZ300563773014

Don't just drive around in a 02, drive a 02 around North America