• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1974 2002 in Tucson - $700

NM/NA Checked this out today. Appears to have been Malaga. Re-spray with metalic paint, which is now toast. Spare tire well rusted through. Towers and pans look ok. Nose appears to have been hit, as it is pushed in. Carb is off, all four tires are flat. Interior looks to be re-covered in some sort of velvet/suede - even the headliner. Cracked windshield.

Can confirm it's not an AT, but cannot confirm the 5spd. No sunroof. Not sure when it was running last. I'm proud of myself for passing it up - I have a weakness.

http://tucson.craigslist.org/cto/2443138386.html

'76 BMW 2002

'75 BMW 2002 Resto Project

'64 Piaggio Allstate 125 "Allison"

NM/NA Checked this out today. Appears to have been Malaga. Re-spray with metalic paint, which is now toast. Spare tire well rusted through. Towers and pans look ok. Nose appears to have been hit, as it is pushed in. Carb is off, all four tires are flat. Interior looks to be re-covered in some sort of velvet/suede - even the headliner. Cracked windshield.

Can confirm it's not an AT, but cannot confirm the 5spd. No sunroof. Not sure when it was running last. I'm proud of myself for passing it up - I have a weakness.

http://tucson.craigslist.org/cto/2443138386.html

I'm the seller of the car. Thanks for checking it out, Paul.

I'm selling the car for a friend of mine who's out of the country right now. I've only had it a few days and am unfamiliar with BMWs, but I can add the following to what Paul said.

The carb is off because the float bowl gasket was leaking. The gasket had shrunk and was extending into the carb throat. Still working, but needs to be rebuilt. There is also a loose coolant hose. I found out it was pulled to put on a new one, that I found in the car. I'll put the carb and coolant hose back on this evening and get it fired up.

The transmission is a four speed manual. I had thought it'd been converted to a five speed, but was mistaken.

The brake master cylinder needs rebuilding or replacement. It is still with the car but has been removed and disassembled.

The picture on the craig's list posting has off colors. New Android phone and I somehow got it into a mode called "posterize" which changed all the colors.

Chrome trim and bumpers were removed. They're in good shape and included with the car. The kidney is a bit wrinkled, which would go with what Paul said about the nose having some dents. Stone guard still looks fantastic. Looks easy to pop the nose back out.

Anyone who is interested should contact me through the craigslist post, as I'll delete that when the car sells.