• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rustfree rolling shell, $2k, Connecticut

DMcGinn

I've decided to split up the items I had with the car, so if you need a perfectly rust free shell, this is a great opportunity! $2000.00

This is a completely solid body. I preemptively had the driver's side floor welded where there was some surface rust , presumably from wet feet, but this was the only spot that was even a little suspect. Aside from some parking lot dings, this car had no accident damage which I could find, the frame rails etc. are all in great shape. Shell was properly prepared and epoxy primed, then sprayed Mint Grun, an original factory color.

Uppers and hood and trunk are hot-rod black. Paint is as-sprayed, has not been wet sanded or buffed yet. Under side of hood and trunk is still original sahara color. I still have ~1/3gallon of the mint grun paint which will go with the car.

Flares are NOS Zender flares from the 70's. These are very similar to the 2002 turbo flares and allow much wider tires/track. The rear flares were done similarly to the factory turbo cars with the wheel arches being trimmed and solidly welded to the inner quarters. Matching, NOS Zender front air dam, painted body color, with rock guard coating on bottom lip.

Rear sunroof drains were re-routed from empyting into the rocker panel (stock) and now empty outside the body by the rear wheel.

Gas tank filler hole butt-welded shut. Factory tank with modified filler neck to accommodate filing fuel directly in the trunk. Front turn signal holes were seam-welded shut for a cleaner look, I was going to run round 1" LED turn signals near the head lights in the grill. Rear windshield is the desirable one with no defroster (clean look) Quarter Glass seating area modified with butt-welded pieces to provide a flat surface to accommodate Lexan. Modified 2002 bumper shock with e30 tow hook,bolts into stock bumper hole for strong towing point without need to worry about low air dam. DOT impact bars removed from doors, resulting in ~8lbs less weight per door. The upper portion of the rear fire wall on top of the passenger rear shock tower has been removed to accomodate a roll cage, this was the last work I did on it.

Car will come as you see it, rolling shell with stock suspension in it. Great way to take all those parts from a long-in-the-tooth New England car and have a rust free machine!

Other pics available upon request, just post or email: danielmcginn at g mail. com

P6070368.JPG