• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thoughts?

bdsears

So I've always had a soft spot for old Datsun 510s and e30s and the like but I came across this 2002 up in Sterling and foudn it on ebay the next day believe it or not. I apologize if someone's already asked about this one but I really did look first, I promise!

Anyways, does anyone have any thoughts? I'm pretty new to the whole 2002 scene but not to BMWs in general.

The only things that I see in particular that I don't like are the seats (easily fixable) and the front bumper that looks like it's attached with screws externally? (Correct me if I'm wrong but that seems a little odd) and what looks like aluminum plates above the front bumper.

Anyways, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Brian

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220798519935

Things I noticed;

"Open Checkbook Restoration Project - No Price Limit - Cleanest & Rarest 2002 in USA"

-What makes it rare?

-Cleanest? how?

-Rear bumper is mounted too low.

-Airdam fitting is bad, didn't fill U.S. holes

-Cracked pass grill

-Electrical tape lower trim

-Rear rondel emblem on trunk is removed but the holes are plugged with something

-Nasty steel wheels

-Dent in door

-has the late model U.S. Ansa muffler that sticks out too far for the Euro bumper

-Wiper motor painted, strut bolts painted

-Check out the "2002" emblem.. not original, if you care about that stuff

My 2002 is not perfect, it is not the cleanest or the rarest and I don't want it to be. With that said, I would not try to pass it off as such and the price would reflect condition if I put it on the market.

Be honest about what you have. I wouldn't pick it apart if the guy was honest in his discription of the car

If I gave someone a blank check to build me a car, It better be nicer than that. My opinion...

69 2002

04 GTI 1.8T Daily Driver

1974 2002 (Wife's car)

**Vintage BMW meet Uptown Altamonte Springs, 2nd Saturday 7pm Near 436 and I-4 in Altamonte Springs FL Email me for details***

Obviously junk. Maybe select classics did the work.

John W. in Williamsburg VA was the previous owner and sold it at a modest $3,000 (or close to that number) to a "poor college student" who gave it a quick spray job and has been trying to flip it for 14,000 but has recently started coming down on price. It's not a bad car, just a bad seller in every respect and has it at too high of a price.

John W. in Williamsburg VA was the previous owner and sold it at a modest $3,000 (or close to that number) to a "poor college student" who gave it a quick spray job and has been trying to flip it for 14,000 but has recently started coming down on price. It's not a bad car, just a bad seller in every respect and has it at too high of a price.

OK maybe harsh. In my opinion no increase in value. All that poor work is alot of undoing. Would be better if the car was never touched by current owner.

OK maybe harsh. In my opinion no increase in value. All that poor work is alot of undoing. Would be better if the car was never touched by current owner.

Sold for $3500 in Jan '11 to this guy. Feb (before the paint was dry) he had it "buy it now" of $14,995. From what I can see he has sprayed it orange and put back the electrical tape the PO had on; although it wasn't there for the first month or so.

Agreed, he should never have messed with it.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17