• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Impact wrench experience - thinking to buy one

vintage

I am thinking about buying an electric impact wrench. Does anyone use one of the rechargeable types? Wondered how these would work in real world of BMW 2002 restoration and repair. Also any suggestions for known reliable product appreciated.

Thanks n advance.

Shawn
1983 e21 BMW 320iS

el cheapo blue "goodyear" cordlless impact gun from autozone. you can buy 5 for the price of one snapon, has just as much power, and lasts a long time. i have had mine for 5 years. it has been totally abused as a race track tool. zillions of tire changes. left out in rain. tossed around. it just keeps coming back for more.

i bought it as an emergency before race weekend with low expectations. it is awesome! if it breaks tomorrow, i will toss in trash without a regret and go buy another one.

2xM3

Thanks for the comments and suggestions. I'll stop by Sears and see what they have in stock. Makita do not seem to be sold within an hour of where I live in suburban Philadelphia - except home depot and they do not have wrenches. May have to do this on line.

Thanks again.

Shawn
1983 e21 BMW 320iS

pep boys good year ftw. Bought it to change tires at the track. also use it to brake nuts loose on my motorcycle.

good track tool, cheap enough to if someone walked off with it, it would not be a big deal.

they sell for 70-100 depending on the season

For air tools I'm not very fond of my 500ft/lbs Kobalt wrench, it doesnt have that much power really :/

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2