• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

wtb rust free roundie

2002dean

Hi all,

Just want to introduce myself. I've been lurking and ocassionaly commenting on the forum and now ready to buy a car. I'm looking for a rust free roundie with no sunroof. The only color I don't want is sahara.

All other colors considered. Survivor type car with original paint and tasteful mods is ideal. Cost will be determined by condition. Budget up to 12k.I'm located in the suburbs of Chicago, Ill. So please let me know what you have or know about.

TIA.

Dean

I have contemplated selling my 71 non sunroof car to fund another 2002 restoration. It would be above the desired price you listed but less than the cost to restore one to its level in my opinion. If you want more details, just email me at 2double02@gmail.com. Car is in NC.

1960 Austin Healey Sprite | 1974 Ford Bronco | 1974 Porsche 911 | 1989 Mustang GT | 1995 Porsche 911 | 2017 Porsche 911 | Always in Search of a BMW 2002 

Go west young man, to CA and AZ for your search if you are looking for a rust free roundie. Slim pickings in the upper midwest unless the owner stored the car in a garage during the winters.

What's wrong with Sahara?

G-Man

I'm sorry. Just not my favorite color. But I can appreciate it! I know I'm at a disadvantage living in the midwest. I rarely even see them on the road here. I'm willing to travel if I have to.

Dean

Go west young man, to CA and AZ for your search if you are looking for a rust free roundie. Slim pickings in the upper midwest unless the owner stored the car in a garage during the winters.

What's wrong with Sahara?

G-Man

I'm sorry. Just not my favorite color. But I can appreciate it! I know I'm at a disadvantage living in the midwest. I rarely even see them on the road here. I'm willing to travel if I have to.

Dean

thank goodness you are OK with Nevada!

1970 Nevada 2002 Survivor

1975 Golf 2002 Project

1972 Atlantik 2002tii

Guest Anonymous

I have a 73 I'm looking to sell and I live in the western suburbs of Chicago. It may not be a nice as what you're looking for but it is less than 20 miles away if you'd like to take a ride. If nothing else I can send you pictures and talk to you about it.

Dean,

Did you put a deposit on a car recently?

No. Did I miss out on one?

Dean

No I don't think so. I was looking into a car in PA and before I could get down there to look in person, someone has put a deposit on it. Thought it may have been you. I'm a bit annoyed I may have missed a nice car but we will see what happens.

In any event, I just came across this on craigslist. I don't know if its anyone's here.

http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/cto/2463564575.html

Take a look if you like. From my very untrained eye, it seems as though a couple of things are 'off'

the front grill, rear trunk lid and the '2002' placement on the rear looks to be for 74 and later.

I am sure a more qualified person on here can confirm or refute these findings. It may or may not be worth a look but thought I would pass it along since I know you are also in the market. Good karma and all ;-)

My 2002 was manufactured on September 15th, 1971 and delivered on October 22nd, 1971 to the BMW importer Hoffman Motors Corp. in New York City. The original colour was Granada, paint code 023. It was sold on New Years Eve December 31st 1971.