• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sports Front / HDs Rear? Wheels & Offset?

Knapmann

Ive just bought what I was told were a full set of Bilstein HDs but it turns out the fronts are actually Sports. Has anyone ever run this set up with lowered springs? What do you think for general street use? Ok or bad idea?

Also can anyone identify these wheels for me? all alpinas look the same to me? I've been told theyre from a different model? I'm mainly worried about lowering the car and the offset, do you think I can lower the car by 1 1/2 inches without hitting the arches? I've attached a picture of what its currently like.

thanks in advance :)

MH049_RJ2.jpg

MH026_RJ.jpg

Shocks:

-sports on the front and HD's on the rear is possible if your roads are in pretty good condition and smooth. I have sports all the way around and the rear can be too siff at times, so I would think the HD's would be a good compromise.

Wheels:

- another FAQ member has already said it, those are E21 (320, 323) turbine OEM wheels.

Garry

03' Mini Cooper S

73 2002tii A4 (sold )

67 Mini Coooper S (sold 3/06)

I run Sports all the way around and do not find them too irritable. But I live in Maryland which has some of the better roads around. Now - I would be miserable running those in NJ, Pittsburgh, etc

"90% of your carb problems are in the ignition, Mike."

1972 2000tii Touring #3422489

1972 2002tii with A4 system #2761680

FAQ member #5