• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

are tii throttle bodies interchangeable?

jerry

i'm about to send a couple tii throttle bodies to Bieker Engineering for refurbishing. i have a mixed bag of TB's lying around. some are from roundies, some are later 1974 vintage.

1. are they interchangeable

2. if they are interchangeable, is there an outwardly visible que that distinguishes one from another?

3. are the differences contained entirely under the 'tuna can'?

i'd like to stay somewhat true to the year, but am willing to mix and match if it's not a big visual faux pa (sp?).

these will be going on a 72 and 73's (if i ever get this far)....

"gads, how did i ever amass so many 02's??!!!"

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

there are three types. early '72's (with 121 heads and plastic inversion tubes) had a 'less fine' mixture adjustment screw design. they are interchangeable with mid '72 on, the most commonly seen type. factory turbos had the vacuum port positioned for throttle shut supply to the the retard box on the ignition dist. (turbocharger cooling) .

i'm about to send a couple tii throttle bodies to Bieker Engineering for refurbishing. "

Have you used their services before? I have to get one of my spares rebuilt as well.

Too much slop in the main throttle shaft. The mixture will change when the car gets hot (leans out at idle).

-Justin
--
'76 02 (USA), '05 Toyota Alphard (Tokyo) - http://www.bmw2002.net

[

Have you used their services before? I have to get one of my spares rebuilt as well.

Harry rebuilt my A4 setup last year. it's pretty. still sits in a box awaiting me to get one of my POS's up to snuff. he's primarily a carburetor rebuilder for the exotic car crowd. i *think* he rebuilt a tii throttle body for bill williams, too.

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

This vertical shaft seems to wear quite a bit on tii's. Has anyone found a source for these - or is it just as easy to get an oversized bushing?

pics12102010045.jpg

Can this one be saved? The butterfly is still stuck after months of in/out soaking.

pics12102010049.jpg

pics12102010048.jpg

pics12102010046.jpg

pics12102010047.jpgpics12102010050.jpg

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"