• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone Know this Car/Dealer?

UroTrash

I'm looking for a moderate priced roundie for my daughter.

Anyone know this car/dealer?

It's the purplish one 3 cars down on this page.

http://www.2002ad.com/pages/carsforsale.cfm

Any critique of the car appreciated, see-vu-play!

2002AD is a generally well-respected shop. They've always given me good prices on parts and are prompt with shipping.

Those cars are on consignment for the most part. I don't know how involved they are in setting pries. $13,900 seems pretty high for that from the photos, since it has been repainted in a non-original color. That alone would be a deal breaker for a nicer car for me, but everyone is different.

It's a unique color combo for sure... not one I would have considered, but to each his own. I don't see many glaring errors aside from some overspray under the hood (hood mechanism and wiper motor cover should not be painted, among other things). Plus, the engine bay should be body color. It looks like someone painted it black, a common way to hide a color change.

I like the inka square tail tii for $12,900 a few cars below it more.

1973 BMW 2002 Sahara

2002AD is a generally well-respected shop. They've always given me good prices on parts and are prompt with shipping.

Those cars are on consignment for the most part. I don't know how involved they are in setting pries. $13,900 seems pretty high for that from the photos, since it has been repainted in a non-original color. That alone would be a deal breaker for a nicer car for me, but everyone is different.

It's a unique color combo for sure... not one I would have considered, but to each his own. I don't see many glaring errors aside from some overspray under the hood (hood mechanism and wiper motor cover should not be painted, among other things). Plus, the engine bay should be body color. It looks like someone painted it black, a common way to hide a color change.

I like the inka square tail tii for $12,900 a few cars below it more.

That's actually the one she was most interested in...but I'm a sucker for roundies!

1970 Nevada 2002 Survivor

1975 Golf 2002 Project

1972 Atlantik 2002tii

From the info I have:

VIN 2764232.

Originally Green, now Metallic Topaz (E21 colour).

Lived in TN/KY in the '90s.

Trunk appears to be Sienabraun - rear end shunt???

Now lives in Vero Beach, FL and was on Ebay this past May.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

Thanks for the input.

In a fit of impulsiveness I bought this Golf for my daughter last night, so mt 2002 quest has ended. :)

http://girasole.smugmug.com/Cars/BMW-2002/13991998_wZufL#1028950785_PRhmr

Very cool! That is a much nicer car, even if it's not a tii (I'm just fine with my 100ish hp!). I've been wondering why that car was so slow to sell - it looks really nice and the price seemed great. Congrats!

1973 BMW 2002 Sahara

• 1 month later...

2002ad is infamous in the LA area. The guy has 23 02s im told. He has every imaginable part you can think of but is verry pricey. If you dont mind paying dealer prices then hes the one to go to. Ive noticed that some of his cars he advertises seem like they are pulled off the street and and priced 3 or 4 k more than youd find them anywhere else.