• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Poll, Public trolls or masked trolls.

tjones02

Lock the FAQ for registered users only  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Lock the FAQ for registered users only

• Continue as is
    • Lock for registered users only

in addition to post bumping email or pm needs to be default, it is such a pain in the ass when people try to sell things and don't check the 'let other members email me' box when setting up their profile. I'm on plenty of other forums which get spammed more than this and I've never received a spam email. Hell, it shouldn't even be an option, it should just be a fixed feature.

Also smileys, I'd love a good set of smilies like turbobricks has.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

02for2, requiring registration / log-in to post is in no way shape, or form the same as censorship or banning, both of which I am vehemently against. It's not the same thing. If you think so please explain why. FWIW I even spoke out strongly against banning during the whole JhC / Armond, GWB, Rimspoke thing not too long ago.

Budweiser...It's not just for breakfast anymore.

Avatar photo courtesy K. Kreeger, my2002tii.com ©

@ skipsfcr:

Our ability as a forum means succeseeding in the face of BMW2002Fjord and JhC acting like trolls!

Don't get me wrong here - they're both MAJOR *ssholes!

But that's not what we're about.. we're about the cars and the commraderie.

For us to adjust what we do is just pandering to what they want and demand.

We ONLY win by proceeding in spite of these a'holes.

Isolate them, and problem solved.

It's unfortunate that we need to adjust at all, but these are the facts of life in today's Internet.

This thread singularly demonstrates that they've already won. WE can turn the tides by ignoring them. In such, WE retain the power, not them.

Cheers!

1976 BMW 2002

1990 BMW 325is (newest addition)

1990 Porsche 964 C4 Cabriolet

Esty, et al.

RE:

i agree you should be required to register to post...however that will not prevent trolls from bringing out the crybabies like is the case here...what will stop a troll from registering then calling jones a piece of crap....?

now...my opinion...grow a pair tom, stop spamming all the forums with your grand copy and paste and just ignore the crap...this is as much your fault, your mess, for allowing others to piss you off like they apparently have...let it die

It would never have affected me/us like it did if I/we knew who the hell they are/were. I've been physically attacked by unknown assailants like that in the past and would never wish anything like that or this to happen to anyone I know, even Armond. This was a verbal raping and as a woman you of all people here on this forum should understand the true meaning of that. I have a very nice pair (at least that what my wife tells me :) and used them to stand up for myself and my/our friends I'll be the first one to admit that this waste of time got to me, as it did so many others here. I was dragged out and down to his low level Are you now going to berate them as well?

This is not the first time someone was attacked by users hiding behind multiple unregistered names. Your/our battle with the not so carpet king is a famous one. Again, you of all people have started your own messes here as well.

And yes I do love to copy and paste. :b...

Tom Jones

BMW wrench for 30 years, BMWCCA since 1984 at age 9
66 BMW16oo stored, 67 1600-2 lifelong project, 2 more 67-8 1600s, 86 528e 5sp 586k, 91 318i
Mom&Dad's, 65 1800TiSA, 70 2800, 72 2002Tii 2760007 orig owners, 15 Z4 N20

I think reading should be open to all as this board is a tremendous resource, however the priviledge to post should require registration.

I agree with Mike

I'm not as dumb as I look

74 Verona

06 Audi A3

09 Mercedes C300

06 VW Passat

03 VW Conv Beetle

Tom,

Any chance the forum software supports displaying a "posted from" IP address? Obviously this will not help us "out" all of the trolls but it may be useful in some occasions. How much this will help truly help, I am not sure... Just figured I would bring it up even though spoofing an ip or using a proxy is so easy.

I agree with the others, all can read. If you want to post, sign up and log in.

KC

...do you wash your underpants while wearing them in the shower ? (C.D. - 5/28/2009)

I vote for having to be a registered user to be able to post. I also think that this site would benefit greatly if it was switched to a Vbulliten type forum. I believe that all the different sub-forums would get more views and visitors. Also, having thread bumping always on would be a great improvement. That way, great posts and topics would be viewed and commented on more.