• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Poll, Public trolls or masked trolls.

tjones02

Lock the FAQ for registered users only  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Lock the FAQ for registered users only

• Continue as is
    • Lock for registered users only

Here is an idea....Lets do a few things....

1. You have to be registered to post. Not such a bad idea. Not censored, just make things a little tougher on people.

2. Yes, if you reply, then they are entertained...so maybe implement a system where threads that get to personal attacks are locked and NO ONE can add to them. Makes it boring for trolls to get a rise out of people...the posts are closed and they just go away with time.

1976 BMW 2002 Fjord Blue Ireland Stage II • Bilstein Sports • Ireland Headers • Weber 38 • 292 Cam • 9.5:1 Pistons • 123Tune Bluetooth 15" BBS

2018 BMW M550i X-Drive

1964 Volvo Amazon Wagon
http://www.project2002.com

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

having thread bumping always on would be a great improvement. That way, great posts and topics would be viewed and commented on more.

go to your profile and set thread bumping to 'on' then it's the way you'd like it...

Yeah, id have that on for as long as I can remember, but I'm sure some, if not most user don't.

I have been a member of a few different boards (not BMW related) since around 2002 and they have all started off with having optional members like this board but have all been locked at some point.

I can say that making users register is still not going to keep people like those mentioned from making an account. They only way I see that as viable is to make people register with their driver's license somehow haha that way people really know who you are. It will help some though, and I am all for making users register in order to post. Also some sub sections could be locked completely, read and write, to registered users.

Registered to post seems like a good idea to me. I am against censorship in any form though. If a thread is offensive, so be it. We should NEVER silence a registered user regardless of his/her opinion, it is Un-American.

I have absolutely no problem with a registered user taking a shot at another registered user...got a beef and want to air it publicly, go for it.

Lack the moral courage to sign your name to your post. I will target you.

Professionals are predictable; it's the amateurs you have to watch out for, you never know what they are gonna do!

Murphy was a Grunt

i guess i'm one of the few who voted to keep it as it is....

this website is a joy to use simply because it is so unencumbered with STUFF. posting photos is intuitive. i'm not a programmer, but i can imagine what is being requested will require a few more lines of code or some such query request.

everyone has the power within oneself to avert his/her eyes to offensive posts.

i personally would not like to be the subject of the posts that tom jones received, but it takes two to tango.

this is by far the most user-friendly board to peruse. sometimes one wants to respond quickly without logging in first. it's that simple. i'd hate to see this transform into the same 'ol same 'ol.

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

I am a member of a soccer forum in England & that has an ignore button, there are plenty of wankers & trolls trying to wind people up with the football rivalry etc. Push the ignore button & you cannot see their posts. Then you do not get wound up & reply & for you the problem goes away. I have no idea how it's done but it works. The sane amongst us can carry on with this great site in peace.None but self censorship, you censor who you don't like.

My 02 worth

1970 4 speed 2002 (Daily driver/track car ) 
1974  Hybrid powered twin cam engine, Pig Cheeks , ( now a round tail.) Getting ready to Sell