• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thinking about a 1974, what do you think? (pictures)

rstl99

I couldn't help but think: "who's doing who a favor here?"

If you bought that '02, not running, with bad paint, and MANY other issues not yet discovered, YOU would be doing the seller a HUGE favor. $2000 (or more) is crazy money for a large paper weight. (or yard ornament?)

I am not sure where you are, but that is NOT the best one you will turn up in your search. Happy Hunting to you!

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

I couldn't help but think: "who's doing who a favor here?"

If you bought that '02, not running, with bad paint, and MANY other issues not yet discovered, YOU would be doing the seller a HUGE favor. $2000 (or more) is crazy money for a large paper weight. (or yard ornament?)

I am not sure where you are, but that is NOT the best one you will turn up in your search. Happy Hunting to you!

Thanks! You know, I think it's a bit of a character flaw (?) in me I suppose, to develop an interest and fondness for an abandoned, neglected, or misused vehicle. Buy it reasonably cheap, spend a bunch of time and effort bringing it back to health, and then eventually sell it off when I am more or less finished. I've done that 3-4 times in my life, never made money doing it, but haven't lost my shirt doing it either (yet, I'm sure there will be a time). I suppose I tell myself that I learned some mechanical skills in the process, gave those vehicles a new lease on life (even though someone else gets to benefit from my handiwork on them), and that I'm also serving a bit of an ecological purpose in preventing some of these from winding up in the landfill (less or an argument now, since recycling has become such a lucrative business).

This 2002 falls into that category I suppose, as does a similar vintage Peugeot 504 I recently saw advertised, gathering dust in a garage. With age, I have more time but less energy (and still insufficient garage space!) to work on cars so can curb a little better this desire to acquire one of these older cars, but it still flares up from time to time. ;)

Cheers.

p.s. I took the pictures down, no point keeping them up on this one.