• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How rare is a 140 mph speedo?

RacingAli

I had one in "Emily" and it was WAY off, due to the US differential ratio. I noticed that 70mph and 120kph occured about the same place on the faces of the two gauges and did some micro-surgery swapping Euro face to US gauge.

Worth it? IMHO: Only if the rest of the interior / car is completely Euro spec in appearance. (illustrations on knobs instead of English writing, etc etc...)

Note: lack of "test" button on brake warning light on my old Euro gauge facia....I was pretty anal about going all Euro spec on that car.

Just me opinion, says I.

Paul

post-2748-13667645059817_thumb.jpg

Paul Wegweiser

Wegweiser Classic BMW Services

Nationwide vehicle transport available

NEW WEBSITE! www.zenwrench.com

I think I want one, but is it worth $200?

They were, I believe, standard on RHD tiis; for sure the "late" square tiis.

However, for whatever reason my RHD Touring also came with one (special order???). They match a 3:64 rear (at least mine does).

The later ones are more common than the earlier "no crosshair" ones.

For my money $200 is OTT, but so are a lot of '02 parts these days.

If you're serious, post a want ad here http://www.02forum.co.uk/

I got a couple of spares a few years back on Ebay UK for like £25 each, but then shipping from the UK doubled that.

HTH

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

If you're serious, post a want ad here http://www.02forum.co.uk/

I got a couple of spares a few years back on Ebay UK for like £25 each, but then shipping from the UK doubled that.

HTH

Thanks for the tip to post an ad on the UK 02 forum.

I'm sure a 140 MPH speedo is rare here in the US as is a 200 KPH speedo with cross hairs (74-76). 200 KPH speedo's came only on 2002's and Walloth & Nesch have told me that are NLA. I have a Euro spec dash in my 74 tii and I would like a 200KPH speedo to complete the conversion. I have a 180 KPH speedo with no cross hairs in my parts bin which came on 1502, 1602, and 1802. Still looking for the 200KPH speedo but I may be one step closer as soon as I post a WTB ad on the UK 02 forum.

G-Man

74 tii (many mods)
91 318i M42

07 4Runner

Are you looking for this one? You can get this one when my car ships to USA. They say I need original title and bill of sale even though I've owned the car for 13 years. Will do some calling and checking tomorrow. If it ships this week, you can get this one, as I have a 220 kph speedo to install when the car gets to USA (California).

1973 2002

2002 steel gray Mcoupe

Brad