• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ideas? TX Squarie Rolling shell sell or cut up?

4.0cj

Hey All,

Time to pick a direction as after the 4th I need to get going forward again.

I have a 1975 rolling body shell that recently I had bought mainly for the 4-speed trans, flag mirrors & a few other parts but I don't need another project. So which would be the better path: sell it so it can be saved or cut it up to save more 02's?

Here's a quick the good, bad and ugly description and/or opinion of the car:

*BODY: It is pretty straight (better than my 72 driver) with only a slight bump in the lower right-front some time in the past (that's what they all say right?). RH frame rail has a slight buckle, lower apron has been "bondo'd". There are four spots in the floors where sitting water has rotted through the metal (car sat outside since 1993). The rockers, sills 1/4's shock towers etc. are what you'd expect for a SW TX car (no NW or NE salt rust/rot).

*Drive-train: No motor or trans, missing lh rear axle/hub/drum (does roll on a trailer though)

*Interior: Missing the rear seats, door panels, carpet. Has mismatched bad 320i seats (I think).

*Exterior: Missing some trim as your can see, all glass in place & 320i Turbines still on car.

*Title: Last titled and on the road in 1993 (VIN: 2363775), currently has an open title.

No intentions of getting rich just like to do what's best (I regret parting out some early Mini coopers years ago so trying not to repeat history). I was hoping someone fairly local would have a use for the car as a roller w/title for a few hundred dollars or maybe a bit less to get it gone quick as I need to get back on my DD Roundie's woes.....

Or if it would be better to part it out I can consider that as well - just not sure as I know that takes time as well.

Thanks for the thought's & opinions,

Phil

post-7241-13667645225719_thumb.jpg

post-7241-13667645227322_thumb.jpg

post-7241-13667645229004_thumb.jpg

post-7241-13667645230584_thumb.jpg

1972 2002 (soon to be daily driver)

1976 2002 (parts car)

1979 635CSI (soon to be daily driver)

It's tough work parting out a car but I'd be interested in the spare tire well, drivers fender and maybe the windshield.... I'm down in San Antonio.

It really is better to just sell whole thing so it doesn't take up space in your garage or driveway but finding the right buyer may be tricky. There isn't much to lose by posting it on craigslist for a few hundred except your time replying to emails and meeting people. Have you though about calling Terry Saythers, I know they buy parts cars occasionally.

Hey Eurotrash,

I know what you are saying as I was born in Western NY. Been living in TX for over 15 years and yes it is so nice to work on old cars that just come apart (no torch or WD-40 needed!).

It was fun for awhile when I'd look for older rust-free vehicles here in south central TX for friends to drive or ship back to the Northeast.

1976 2002 (parts car)

It looks like it is in good shape, since it is a roller, someone can get creative with power plants with out woring about losing value since the numbers don't match.

The question is not that we broke a few rules or took certain liberties with our female guests.

We did ;)

Charlie don't surf!!

Hey Essem.w,

Thanks for the inquiry as well as opinion.

Last night I had a guy in Dallas ask about the whole car. I need to call him tonight to see if the car is what he wants. I'll let you know how things go from there. Thanks for the interest and patience,

Phil

1976 2002 (parts car)

It's tough work parting out a car but I'd be interested in the spare tire well, drivers fender and maybe the windshield.... I'm down in San Antonio. quote]

Wish I had known; I finally sent my parts car to the scrapper two months ago.

Had a lot of good metal, but with 5 other '02s I needed the space.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17