• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

02 Turbo OE wheel question

RayC911

they're identical to the soup plate wheels that were optional on squarelights, but those were 5" wide; Turbo wheels are 6" wide.

The standard Turbo wheel was a 5.5" steel wheel--looks just like the standard wheel on an E21, but has a different offset--the proper one for a 2002.

Have no idea how many Turbos were equipped with these wheels, but I suspect it was a small number. They were also available on order, so it's possible that more cars ended up with 'em after the owners ordered the wheels as spare parts.

cheers

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

I believe the 5.5" Turbo style alloys were optional for the E21 with ET18 offset.

I have a set of 5.5 inch "turbo' alloys on my '74 tii. I believe they were in all three sizes, a dealer option. It's said that most turbo's came with steel rims;

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17