• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

quality hood insulation & value of a # 2 roundie & c

Dear 02 forum:

Finally got off a plane and surf is flat so decided to share some updates with my fellow 02's:

1. This guy is a gem of a supplier , bought his insulated sliver hood kit more than 1 yr a go, but over time tough to keep on my hood [ could be my 3m glue ] and also it tended to get dirty easily. I wrote to him and he replaced free of charge & added shipping with basic black . you can decide on the look you prefer I like the cleaner black . Old one still decent if in laguna area will throw in free with box of parts [ $ 40] I have

supplier is Anthony Werre

see before & after photos

2. Value of a # 2 roundie :I received a offer for Sunshine for $ 17 K told buyer sure without tool kit & dealer period literature & ads[ which were really fun but albeit expensive to find]. Deal fell through , lesson in all this ,the story and period literature helps the sale. Also a seller will take a loss on the $ have invested in a car but not a beating ...lol the usual classic car poem I am sure some of you know this already.

3. Have dealt recently with owner of coca mats based in south carolina for a rear seat set ,what a great fun guy and knows classic cars , if you have the $ worth the quality and made in the USA !!!

if it matters I did not receive a special deal or treatment from these 2 vendors , just giving feedback to their quality

post-18766-13667645371338_thumb.jpg

post-18766-13667645372462_thumb.jpg

Golf Yellow 1972 Roundie, Std, no mods ,no rust, no track days & restoration 95 % there

I installed Anthony Werre's black foam hood insulation about a year and a half ago, using 3M Super 80 on two pieces and 3M Super 77 on one and they are still sticking without so much as a tiny spot seperating from the metal. And that in light of some bitter summer heat here in Southern Arizona (We were in Tucson yesterday afternoon with the official temp @ 109º - who knows what it was under the hood of the car when you stop and park in an asphalt parking lot. I put a small, cold, wet towel over the fuel pump when I parked to prevent vapor lock).

His product is excellent,IMHO.

Bob Napier

I guess it's time I ditched my original coco-mats; the driver side is looking somewhat tired. The other 3 are not too bad.

Can't imagine what it would cost to replace though.....RHD & a Touring.

post-8235-13667645385264_thumb.jpg

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

No sir , I received a free replacement so I won't charge for old set.

However, re-doing my garage so it kinda all-in -1 deal to clean out all misc. parts with that 1 box of stuff.

Golf Yellow 1972 Roundie, Std, no mods ,no rust, no track days & restoration 95 % there

fwiw, i ended up buying the one from Rogers Tii, cheap and peel-on stick, and period correct for the sizes/shape. doesnt seem to want to fall down after 3 month.

2006 530xi, 1974 2002 Automatic summer DD
1985 XR4TI, 22psi ±300hp
1986 yota pick-up, 2006 Smart FT diesel

FYI, to all...forgot here is the coca mat site

http://www.cocomats.com

Top Quality , heavy duty and made in the USA ...you truly get what you pay for with them.

On Anthony's hood insulation kits , can't remember the difference in $ between sliver and basic black , a guess is $ 35-45 higher for a sliver set ?

For a true answer email him and ask , very nice guy and answers quickly.

called left message on road until mid week next week sorry for miss

will try again then if still interested..great if not , all is cool