• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone in LA know this car?

My brother has been looking for a while. this week he got side-swiped by an SUV while on his motorcycle and is now shopping for real.

He asked about this car, and if I knew the owner. I do not, but need a third party breakdown if I can find one. Please email me if you indeed know this car.

Thanks all.

-Jason

Screenshot2011-07-03at35201PM.png

2002 newbie, and dead serious about it.
(O=o00o=O)
Smart Audio Products for your 2002

Looks like an early 1600 due to no headrests and the black plate along with all silver grills.

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2

I have been watching that auction closely. I dont know the value of these early models. Looks like someone broke in and stole the radio recently too.

It's a 1968 2002 per the ad. What are these cars worth? Are these early cars sought after?

My 2002 was manufactured on September 15th, 1971 and delivered on October 22nd, 1971 to the BMW importer Hoffman Motors Corp. in New York City. The original colour was Granada, paint code 023. It was sold on New Years Eve December 31st 1971.

Do you have the VIN?

I suspect that it's a 1602. It has miss-matched grills and I don't think I see a day/night switch on the mirror, so it looks like a 1602 to me. Strange side mirror too.

It will have a longneck diff making a 5 speed swap more complicated. Also single line brakes and terrible seatbelts. Having been squished in a similar car, I'd steer him to a squaretail if this will be a daily driver in LA.

Ben

--> 1968 2002 <--

Vin is 1662224. It appears to be a 2002.

Do you have the VIN?

I suspect that it's a 1602. It has miss-matched grills and I don't think I see a day/night switch on the mirror, so it looks like a 1602 to me. Strange side mirror too.

It will have a longneck diff making a 5 speed swap more complicated. Also single line brakes and terrible seatbelts. Having been squished in a similar car, I'd steer him to a squaretail if this will be a daily driver in LA.

Ben

My 2002 was manufactured on September 15th, 1971 and delivered on October 22nd, 1971 to the BMW importer Hoffman Motors Corp. in New York City. The original colour was Granada, paint code 023. It was sold on New Years Eve December 31st 1971.

I think that car belongs to Chris who owns the vintage Vespa repair shop in Van Nuys called Bar Italia.

He's been trying to sell that car for years now. When i saw it, the was asking a bit too much (IMO). I think he wanted 6k or more. i don't know what the asking price is now, but the car was a decent driver but had the usual flaws (ripped seats, cracked dash, so-so paint, can't say how it ran, and not sure if it has suspension upgrades and such). i'd Definitely go see it in person before bidding on it. I might be cheap, but after looking the car over, i thought it was worth $4k or so.... but that's what I would pay if i were looking...

Maybe he cleaned it up since then.

The good part is that the guy is a mechanic so it was in good hands.

I think he told me that it caught on fire once but i don't think it caused any major damage.

He's a nice guy. seems honest. belongs to the local motorcycle clubs and such. give the shop a call...

that is... IF IT IS THE SAME CAR THAT I THINK IT IS......

-josh

1972 Malaga (according to DMV) 2002. (Manufactured in '71)

http://www.beemersandbits.com

'77 BMW R100S '73 BMW Cafe bike  1966 Triumph T100C  1966 R90/2 BMW Sidecar Rig  1956 MV Agusta Turismo Rapido

I think that car belongs to Chris who owns the vintage Vespa repair shop in Van Nuys called Bar Italia.

He's been trying to sell that car for years now. When i saw it, the was asking a bit too much (IMO). I think he wanted 6k or more. i don't know what the asking price is now, but the car was a decent driver but had the usual flaws (ripped seats, cracked dash, so-so paint, can't say how it ran, and not sure if it has suspension upgrades and such). i'd Definitely go see it in person before bidding on it. I might be cheap, but after looking the car over, i thought it was worth $4k or so.... but that's what I would pay if i were looking...

Maybe he cleaned it up since then.

The good part is that the guy is a mechanic so it was in good hands.

I think he told me that it caught on fire once but i don't think it caused any major damage.

He's a nice guy. seems honest. belongs to the local motorcycle clubs and such. give the shop a call...

that is... IF IT IS THE SAME CAR THAT I THINK IT IS......

-josh

sounds right Josh. Kristian is his name, per the auction info.. and his email is at bar italia.. The buy it now was 7200 before the smash..err.. open the door and grab.

2002 newbie, and dead serious about it.
(O=o00o=O)
Smart Audio Products for your 2002

oh boy... BAT? it really isn't worth that much IMO...

Not that i don't want to see Kris get rich... but i think the photos are better then the actual car.

1972 Malaga (according to DMV) 2002. (Manufactured in '71)

http://www.beemersandbits.com

'77 BMW R100S '73 BMW Cafe bike  1966 Triumph T100C  1966 R90/2 BMW Sidecar Rig  1956 MV Agusta Turismo Rapido

New ebay auction

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140574728509+&viewitem=&clk_rvr_id=246505069486

Here is what the owner said happened.

RELISTED DUE TO EBAY SOFTWARE INADEQUACY:

Ebay pulled this auction "automatically" because it had the word "N-O-T" in the title, explaining that this is a 2 liter car rather than a 1.6 liter car. Why they waited until two hours before the action close to accuse me of "keyword spamming" instead of telling me when I first listed it, I have no idea. It had 25+ bids this morning and was up to $6,975. I was looking forward to the bidding race at the end. They said it was beyond their ability to restore the auction as it was. To all former bidders who are able to find this auction, thank you for your patience.

Kristian Storli

818-314-9781

Joseph O'Neil

73 02 - Polaris - 2587250

67 2000 TiLux- Chamonix - 1451152