• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

First Wash!!!

gazanik

Well, I just washed the car for the first time.....

Also does anyone know a good mechanic around Los Angeles who can adjust my 32/36 weber and adjust the timinoing??? the car is very hesitant and does not want to go more then 45mph.....

Thanks and happy 4th

post-2110-1366764542586_thumb.jpg

(O==(l)==O)

Looks nice! Where in LA are you? I'm in reseda and haven't talked to another 02 owner yet...(of course, my project is another year or so from completion..;-).

I've gotten great info from Steve at Top-End performance...with some good info, I'm sure you can do it yourself! Besides, you'll learn so much in the process...:-)

If you're near the South Bay, the previous owner of my car took it to Accent BMW in Lawndale ( I live in Redondo). My car runs great (and goes way over 45mph), it has the original carb, but I'm sure he could handle your weber. Here's their phone number (310) 371-3959, ask for Glenn. I just picked up my 74 this weekend and haven't met any other owners yet either, maybe we could all have a rookie meet up.

1971 BMW 2002 Chamonix

#1 press and hold the gas pedal to the floor

Are you getting full throttle opening, linkage tapping

against the carb's full open stop ?

clean jets ?

secondary side of the carb working ?

ignition timing ?

compression and valve adjustment ?

carb float level way off ?

fuel pump and hoses not delivering

enough fuel volume?

restricted fuel strainer, metal pipe, leaking rubber hose?

'86 R65 650cc #6128390 22,000m
'64 R27 250cc #383851 18,000m
'11 FORD Transit #T058971 28,000m "Truckette"
'13 500 ABARTH #DT600282 6,666m "TAZIO"

If you're near the South Bay, the previous owner of my car took it to Accent BMW in Lawndale ( I live in Redondo). My car runs great (and goes way over 45mph), it has the original carb, but I'm sure he could handle your weber. Here's their phone number (310) 371-3959, ask for Glenn. I just picked up my 74 this weekend and haven't met any other owners yet either, maybe we could all have a rookie meet up.

I've used Accent BMW as well too, he's good for small things but nothing big. I'm in manhattan beach, feel free to shoot me an email megamatt05 at aol dot com.

'68 Caribe 1600-1563167

I guess the PO wanted to do some custom turbo setup or something... Wish I could cover them, but it was getting to expensive, lol

I remember those holes when they were on Ebay 3 yrs ago.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

I guess the PO wanted to do some custom turbo setup or something... Wish I could cover them, but it was getting to expensive, lol

wow!!!! didnt know my car was on ebay before..lol...I got it in 2008 ....do you remember how much it went for???

(O==(l)==O)

It either didn't make its reserve, or it was sold off-line. It was on Ebay in May & Jun '08.

The Ebay Seller ID was "dougsctm" and the car was in Chatsworth, CA.

HTH

wow!!!! didnt know my car was on ebay before..lol...I got it in 2008 ....do you remember how much it went for???

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

Yup. Guess it didn't make the reserve. Cause I bought it from Doug. He had the body shop and I saw the car on craigslist. I knew he had done a good paint job, cause when I went to check out the car, it was sitting on top of a R8. (On a Jack) lol.

(O==(l)==O)