• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

info on install of stainless brake hoses

Thanks all,

Very confidence inspiring replies.

Will do..

Hose connection saturation with penetrating oil prior to removal

Use flare nut wrenches

Plastic wrap under m/c cap

Bleed the system afterwards

Denatured alcohol for clean-up

Is Dot 4 still the way to go on brake fluid?

I may be the odd man out here but I wouldnt use teflon tape on braided brake lines

Blunt's right, I wouldn't use teflon tape on those metric bubble flare lines, they aren't tapered NPT connections and don't seal with the threads, they seal at the flare. tape won't do any good.

But he's still the odd man!

;-)

Ray

I may be the odd man out here but I wouldnt use teflon tape on braided brake lines

Blunt's right, I wouldn't use teflon tape on those metric bubble flare lines, they aren't tapered NPT connections and don't seal with the threads, they seal at the flare. tape won't do any good.

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

Don't forget a 7mm for the bleeder screws.

they are not all 7mm.....depending on source they could be 6,7,8 or 9mm. i recently worked on a car that had a different size at each wheel.....

Are these flares as well?

1995 Toyota Landcruiser

1975 2002A

1989 Dodge Raider (sold)

1974 Toyota Landcruiser (very sadly sold)

1994 BMW 530i (sold)

1992 BMW 325i (sold)

1970 2002 auto sunroof (sold)

Not Flare Nut wrenches. A box end wrench will work. You slip the wrench onto the bleeder, then put the hose onto the nipple. Pay attention to which way you will be turning the wrench to open the bleeder (righty-tighty/lefty loosey) as the movement of the wrench will be limited.

I found that the Craftsman Professional series combo wrenches have a smaller profile on the box end. I have the regular Craftsman wrenches in my toolbox, but keep one of Pro ones in 7mm just for doing brakes.

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes