• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

73 tii w/ 2.4L Metric Mechanic Motor on ebay-SOLD

teatoe993

Hey all. My Polaris is up for grabs on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300574903082&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMESELX%3AIT#ht_1208wt_1113

I'm unloading it because I bought mracer's perfect E30 last week. My 2002 is a clean, solid and honest car.

Mechanically it is superb. It has served as my daily driver/track car for the past five years relatively trouble free. It does have a number of little issues like gauges not illuminating and odometer not working etc. But these are easily addressable for someone who has the energy and knows what they're doing. I am not this person anymore.

The body cleans up quite nice but does have some rust bubbles popping up. The rockers are starting to rot out where the sunroof drains. It is to the point where I think they should be addressed before they get much worse and major work needs to be done. But the buyer realistically could continue driving this car for many more years without having to put any work into it.

Because it's hard to find a car like this with this kind of motor it's hard to put a value on it. I started the bidding pretty low and I feel my reserve is realistic even though I hope to get much more for the car.

Let me know if any of you or your friends have any interest in the car. I am willing to supply more photos, info etc.

A 73tii with a non tii engine from a 75? No point IMO unless it's an insanely low price. $6,600 is already started way too high IMO. Good luck with this. No surprise that you've got a lot of views but no comments. Anyone purchasing a tii wants the car to be unmolested and rightfully so.

PREVIOUS:

1979 Jeep Cherokee

1980 VW Scirocco

1983 Porsche 944

1986 BMW 325i

1999 VW GTI VR6

2000 BMW 323

2000 Porsche Boxster

2001 BMW X5

2003 Porsche 911

2003 Mini Cooper S

2005 BMW Z4

1974 BMW 2002

Current:

1995 BMW M3

2003 Infiniti FX35

Am I really off on price by that much? It costs 6K+ just to have one of these motors built from Metric Mechanic. This isn't some stock motor pulled from a 75. It was built up from a 75 block. It's not an M2 but it still goes like stink and way more powerful than the original fuelie. I thought I was being pretty realistic on price.

A 73tii with a non tii engine from a 75? No point IMO unless it's an insanely low price. $6,600 is already started way too high IMO. Good luck with this. No surprise that you've got a lot of views but no comments. Anyone purchasing a tii wants the car to be unmolested and rightfully so.

This isn't my '02 and I don't know the seller, but I think your comment is pretty unfair and out of line. That car has a MM2400, which is a hell of an engine - not just some stock '75 motor.

MM motors have gobs of power and low end torque. They are an entirely different ballgame. I'm sure this car is significantly faster than a '73 tii.

My old car (now jmaxiv's) had the MM2200... even overcarbed, that thing was a rocket by '02 standards. I can only imagine what the extra grunt from a bored/stroked 2.4-liter could provide.

1973 BMW 2002 Sahara

This isn't my '02 and I don't know the seller, but I think your comment is pretty unfair and out of line. That car has a MM2400, which is a hell of an engine - not just some stock '75 motor.

MM motors have gobs of power and low end torque. They are an entirely different ballgame. I'm sure this car is significantly faster than a '73 tii.

My old car (now jmaxiv's) had the MM2200... even overcarbed, that thing was a rocket by '02 standards. I can only imagine what the extra grunt from a bored/stroked 2.4-liter could provide.

I stand corrected. Wouldn't be the first time I was loud and wrong. Apologies to the op.

PREVIOUS:

1979 Jeep Cherokee

1980 VW Scirocco

1983 Porsche 944

1986 BMW 325i

1999 VW GTI VR6

2000 BMW 323

2000 Porsche Boxster

2001 BMW X5

2003 Porsche 911

2003 Mini Cooper S

2005 BMW Z4