• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Weber Carbs Direct - Buyer beware!

torg3

First the good news, the carb I ordered got here quickly. BUT had some payment issues on their web site. tried to contact them and after "dozens" of attempts I finally got through. They were not eager to help in any way. I got the feeling "too freakin bad pal!" I hope not everyone from Long Island is so rude.

First the good news, the carb I ordered got here quickly. BUT had some payment issues on their web site. tried to contact them and after "dozens" of attempts I finally got through. They were not eager to help in any way. I got the feeling "too freakin bad pal!" I hope not everyone from Long Island is so rude.

Just went through the EXACT SAME THING. They are HORRIBLE. They lost a money order for $680, delivery confirmed. Would not answer the phone, forget about email. They could care less about anything.

I ended-up buying from Pierce Manifolds instead, they are awesome, as most people already know.

And then there's the situation where webercarbsdirect pays for the rights of the name "WEBER" and produce the product who knows where... which is why they're pricing is lower - from what I have read and was told.

I would also suggest avoiding them at all costs.

Scott

1976 2002 Custom Dk Blue w/ Pearl

1975 2002A Sahara (sold Feb 2008)

SiteNamecopy.jpg

Bought parts from them in the past and never had a problem.

I've also bought parts from them over the past few years; never had a problem. Always received what I ordered and pretty quick too.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

I ordered a set of dcoes from them and didn't have any problems with payment or delivery, but i gathered that if i did it would have become a complete hassle. i called to ask a couple of questions, and i kind of knew what to expect, so i saw their unhelpful and short responses as a quaint visit to NY. their prices are so goddamned low that it was hard to resist. don't expect any after support or follow up.

and the thing about the carbs being licensed by weber NA, the dcoes are safe, those aren't licensed to be recreated by weber NA, they are genuine made in spain. you would just have to watch out for the others.

matt

1969 BMW 2002

1972 Chevrolet Nova

1965 Ford Mustang

1956 Ford F100

???? ???? Bobber

genuine made in spain.

...which, a number of years back, was not good. Heard they've improved

since the ones I have were 'maid'...

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

I'm assuming u meant "made" an there aren't really many choices, there is Spain, US, or Asian knockoffs, or an old Italian one... but they haven't made them there forever

1969 BMW 2002

1972 Chevrolet Nova

1965 Ford Mustang

1956 Ford F100

???? ???? Bobber

I had a really bad taste in my mouth after buying a 32/36 dgv (manual choke) from them a few months back. Got the carb quickly enough, but it was not as pictured. They have since updated the pic. The "new" dgv is actually a dgev with a hole punched through the electric choke cover and a shaft with a too-short lever poking out. Choke is basically non-functional now. The throttle lever is one of those multi-hole universal things which I had to swap out with my old lever. And with the new design you cannot use a screwdriver to adjust the idle speed screw. Called (tried like 10 times over two days) and finally talked to a guy so rude that I had to hang up (after politely saying goodbye). They don't answer the phone, respond to voice mail or answer email. -Rojo

yeah... Maid in Spain... bad joke, bad band...

If I had a (much) better camera, I'd post pix- you can SEE how far off they are.

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL